Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Petty things that annoy you.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Happy Paws2, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Cully

Cully PetForums VIP

I had to get my shower replaced recently for the same reason. It wasn't regulating the temperature so like you, I would either get scalded or frozen but never the correct temp.
    I've now got one which has something on it (sorry for being vague) that prevents the temperature from getting dangerously hot.
    Hope it doesn't take too long to get your replaced. I had it done during lockdown so it took longer than it would otherwise.

2. Jesthar

Jesthar PetForums VIP

E-mails/documents where people have never heard of the tab key, so they resort to adding spaces to get data to line up. I usually want to put that information into a spreadsheet, so the first thing I have to do is put it into something else and remove all the spaces...

3. margy

margy PetForums VIP

Adverts suddenly appearing on PF

Calvine, Mum2Heidi, lorilu and 3 others like this.
  4. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Sky has fiddled with the menus :confused:

lullabydream likes this.
  5. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

UURRGGHH. When I shop now, to save some work on sanitizing, I often leave non perishables in the grocery bags downstairs for a few days before bring them up. I know other people do similar. WARNING. Remember the key words NON PERISHABLES.

The last couple days I kept smelling something "funny" down there. Just now I was down there moving some things to put in my car to bring up to my house and I found a bag with both rotting apples and cherries covered in fuzz. I am so mad! I can't afford to throw food away, and how on earth did I forget I bought cherries? It must have been at least 2-3 weeks ago judging by the state of them. :(

6. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

Shag carpeting or rugs. Seems to be coming back in vogue. I've been shopping for some area rugs for my new house, I was planning to leave the hardwood floors uncovered, but realized Mazy cat needs a soft surface to play on. She's 16 with arthritis but still loves to run and flop and do somersaults.

I want green rugs, but so far all I've been able to find in green are shag. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now. :)

7. LinznMilly

LinznMilly Moderator
    Staff Member

Roadworks. :Shifty

They're resurfacing the road in my street. I'm set back from the street, in an alleyway, Windows and doors shut - and I can still hear them. I've resorted to putting Classical music on to drown out the noise. :eek: :Bag

lorilu, margy and Lurcherlad like this.
  8. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Roadworks are incredibly annoying...but get you!! classical:) (I would of gone with Iron Maiden!):p

British Gas are still driving me into an early grave. After giving them 72hrs to fix their system (as requested) Ive checked today and they have completely lost all the actual meter readings Ive ever provided.:Rage All I have left are the totally wrong estimated ones, which means......
    Im back to exactly where I was when all this drama and stress started!!:Banghead:Banghead:Banghead:Banghead:Banghead:Banghead:Banghead:Drowning:Drowning:Drowning:Punch:Punch:Punch:Inpain:Rage:Rage:Rage

LinznMilly likes this.
  9. LinznMilly

LinznMilly Moderator
    Staff Member

Classical wouldn't be my first choice, and gets on my nerves after about an hour, (I've turned it off for now) but I find it difficult to concentrate with my preferred playlist as I tend to sing along to the songs. Typing this would start off making sense, and then I'd go on to autopilot and suddenly you're reading the lyrics to the song I just happen to be listening to at the time. :Hilarious

What a nightmare! :Banghead :( They should pay you for sticking with them as long as you have. :Wideyed

ForestWomble and lorilu like this.
  10. Cully

Cully PetForums VIP

@catz4m8z Just thinking of your British Gas problems and how you're feeling.

upload_2020-7-31_11-36-4.png

LinznMilly, SbanR and Lurcherlad like this.
  11. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

Moving. Maybe if I moved every year or so like so many people do this wouldn't be the awful gut wrenching terrifying thing it is. But I haven't moved since 1992. My homelessness in 1998 and subsequently moving into this apartment doesn't count. I had nothing then but the clothes on my back and 2 six year old cats (who were more used to a bit of chaos in their lives) and was in survival mode. This....buying a house has me practically paralyzed in terror and stress and anxiety. Mainly over the cats. I hate what is about to happen to them. Their entire world turned upside down after living a quite peaceful life..all their lives, here.

They are more precious to me than anything, their comfort and happiness more important than anything, and I can't stand it.

12. LinznMilly

LinznMilly Moderator
    Staff Member

If it's any consolation, my mum was in the same situation about five weeks ago. She has two cats, and, like yours, they'd spent all their lives in the same place. They spent the first two days behind the settee, but just 5 weeks later, they're all happily settled into their new home.

I'm sure your cats will be the same. :)

Calvine, SbanR, Lurcherlad and 2 others like this.
  13. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

Thank you.

LinznMilly likes this.
  14. Cully

Cully PetForums VIP

@lorilu As long as they are able to feel the new place is just as much their home as it is yours they will be fine.
    In new surroundings they will look to you for familiarity. I've heard of people who are so busy making the new home comfortable for themselves they forget the animals need to be part of it too, and find as soon as they move the familiar scratch posts, beds, toys boxes etc into the new home they soon settle. And I feel sure that this is something you will be eager to do asap.
    It's the disruption that's upsetting (for all concerned) so the sooner it looks and smells like home the better. Keep routines the same as far as possible. Take time to continue the games they love to play with you. Who cares if you have to live with unpacked boxes for a while, certainly not the cats.
    I won't dare to tell you to stop worrying, but just remember that moving home is, worldwide, one of the most stressful times of your life, so you're not alone in feeling super anxious.

#2274 Cully, Jul 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    LinznMilly and Lurcherlad like this.
  15. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

yup, I cant listen to songs and concentrate on something else either. One song I have bookmarked on Youtube that I use alot (coz their is a 10hr looped version!) is something called Daniels Joik that I found whilst randomly wandering through Got Talent clips....its a song without words!

As for British Gas I cant wait til I leave them at this point. They have now worked out that I owe them thousands of pounds (TBH what I calculated myself was within £100 of their numbers:Shy). Luckily I have awesome family members to come to the rescue as Id much rather owe them the money then British f*****g Gas!

LinznMilly likes this.
  16. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

sorry to hear you are so stressed @lorilu . I know I would hate to be moving house (been in mine over 20 yrs!). Cats are adaptable though, they will probably adjust before you know it.;)

17. Cully

Cully PetForums VIP

I don't watch many films as I can very rarely watch until the end. However, there are 4 films I would really like to watch tonight. And yes, they are all on at the same time:Banghead.

lullabydream and Milka like this.
  18. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

OMG just seen the scariest thing at the vets.:Wideyed
    A family was in with a young black cat (looked like it was about 6mths old). Did they have it in a carrier?? nope. It was in the waiting room swinging from the arms of a little boy who couldnt of been more then 5! I think he was dangling it coz he couldnt hold it properly.
    Then whilst I was waiting for the family to produce a carrier they just opened the door and wandered out (vet on the corner of a busy A road) and off home! Cat still dangling from tiny childs arms!o_O:Nailbiting
    (props to the cat though....it was super chilled just hanging there!:Hilarious:Banghead).

Lurcherlad and Milka like this.
  19. Milka

Milka PetForums Member

Judgemental and offensive people get to me. I have to really meditate and think it trough and get some therapy before answering to them.
    Wasps nest. It ruined my week. I'm afraid of wasps so I wasn't able to continnue my work. I had to do other things at work place. It's good that I had those other things to do, but at the begining of this week I was stressed out because winter is coming and I have a deadline.

20. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

I have moved quite a few times but still get very anxious about moving. Don’t forget it’s on the top 3 most stressful things you can do so be kind to yourself: They day before I moved here I spent literally the whole day crying. I was worried I was leaving my lily behind. In the end someone told me to open the doors and call her and she would come.

As for the boys I was very worried about them. They settled in very quickly. In fact as soon as the sofa came in sox got in it and went to sleep.

Cully likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice