Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Petty things that annoy you.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Happy Paws2, Apr 3, 2019.

1. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

@lorilu I have an idea how you feel, I am so desperate to get away from where I live as my neighbours make things a misery for me - I can't open my windows because of their smoking and their noise and they are breaking lockdown rules so I can't even take Bungo out much at all as I can't risk getting the virus. I've been practically climbing the walls lately I want out of here so badly. (Unfortuantly I have no idea when that'll be as nothing has come up yet :()
    That's all no help as such I know, but I just wanted you to know that your not alone in these feelings.

I hope everything goes smoothly for you and we'll have a PF house warming party for you :D

2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Found it at last!

But Caulk in it, not No More Nails - typical.

Another Wilko order going in for delivery :)

Still, not all bad - found 2 bottles of Champagne in the shed - one now chilling in the fridge! :D

margy, Cully and lullabydream like this.
  3. Cully

Cully PetForums VIP

Well now I'm livid. A guy came to look at my not working shower on Monday. Said it was a problem with the pump and someone would be out Tuesday to fix it. Yesterday afternoon I rang to check they were still coming. No, it wont be until Wednesday. So I put everything back in my junk cupboard and got it out again this morning.
    Rang at midday to find he couldn't get the part but will DEFINITELY be out tomorrow. So now I've got to put everything back again and get it out (again) in the morning.:Banghead:Banghead:Banghead:Banghead

lullabydream and Lurcherlad like this.
  4. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

What a pain in the neck. All paws crossed it's done tomorrow!

My annoyance today is that I was reading my book while I ate my salad at the table and splattered oil and vinegar dressing onto the pages of my book. It's a re-read of every 4 or 5 years, I wonder, in 5 years time when I come across those spots if I will remember this day!

SbanR, Lurcherlad and Cully like this.
  5. Cully

Cully PetForums VIP

I would think so. There are lots of little things happening at the moment which will bring back memories in the future.
    Thanks for the paws crossed. The repair man is supposed to be coming after lunch, so it's just a case of being patient.

6. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

A guy was working on a neighbour’s gutters so I asked if he’d quote to do mine (clean out, rub down and paint, plus the wooden soffits).

A week later (and after doing another neighbour’s) he eventually came over to look at the job, took my details and said he’d be in touch.

Two weeks later .... nothing.

It seems obvious to me he doesn’t want the job (probably because my conservatory makes access with just ladders tricky) but I just wish he had dropped me a text with even a lame excuse as to why he can’t do the job.

I’m tempted to pester him for a response one way or the other :mad:

I’ll look for someone else who is more reliable with better manners to do the job.

It seems common practice to just ghost a potential customer rather than just be honest.

lullabydream and Calvine like this.
  7. Linda Weasel

Linda Weasel PetForums VIP

Send him a text that says ‘looking forward to seeing you on Tuesday, as arranged’.
    That’ll give him a few minutes of sheer panic

8. Cully

Cully PetForums VIP

It's possible he may be ill or isolating now. I would text and say you are puzzled/worried he hasn't been in touch and hope he remains well and look forward to hearing from him.

lullabydream, Lurcherlad and Calvine like this.
  9. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

My printer suddenly informed me '' You have the wrong printhead''. This confuses me somewhat as I have not changed it; but I've had to buy a new one.

10. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

If isolating,he could still send a text.
    I've been fobbed off with one delaying tactic after another when the guy didn't want the job, very frustrating and annoying especially when it was a fairly urgent job

Lurcherlad and Calvine like this.
  11. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Several people came down to use our work printer the other night and couldnt get it going. One quick look and it told you it was out of toner (even an idiot like me could see the problem!). So then after I changed it I had to watch whilst a telephone directorys worth of paper was printed out and wasted. grrrr!:Shifty:rolleyes:

Also annoyed today with people coughing. Patients who havent coughed all night seem to wait til Im standing over them before coughing right at me. What is that all about?:Bored
    Also to the guy who was hacking his lungs up on the street yesterday morning then gobbed all over the pavement? you nasty!! *slap*:Yuck

Lurcherlad and Calvine like this.
  12. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

I hate the fact that the postmen in my area all throw rubber bands on the ground day after day. Almost every day I find one (sometimes two) on the doorstep. My neighbour's little boy picks them up and collects them on the handlebars of his tricycle - he's got thousands!. Why can't the postmen just put them in a pocket and take them back to where they came from to be re-used? Mystery.

13. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

When we were kids my brother made a rubber band ball with found rubber bands. It was pretty big by the time he lost interest. Bigger than a baseball if I remember right.

I don't allow rubber bands in my house, one of my cats can't resist them. I have asked my boss not to give me piles of mail bundled in rubber bands, just put them loose in the container! She can't do it though she has to separate the mail into little rubber banded sections. Why I don't know, some ocd thing I guess. She does have... erm...control issues lol.

I try to get them all un-banded as soon as I bring them in the house, but I've missed one a time or two, (because boss uses so many!) which Queen Eva has quickly pointed out. Once I found her on the counter trying to pull one off a bundle with her claws and teeth. Snap! Snap!

Another time I found her with a loose one, have no idea how it got loose, but it made me sick to my stomach, thinking what if she had swallowed it.

Calvine, Cully and Pixel like this.
  14. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

This used to annoy me too. When Adam was a puppy he had a weird obsession with rubber! He must of eaten countless rubber bands thanks to postmen....and a rubber glove!:Wideyed

Calvine likes this.
  15. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

Yes, my neighbour's cat had problems after eating one; I always pick them up, sure if I didn't I'd be climbing over them!

16. margy

margy PetForums VIP

Iv'e just returned from shopping and couldn't believe what I saw in the car park. I know it's a hot sunny morning so I parked my car under a tree to keep it cool for when I return, there are quite a few trees to park under. Walking past 2 cars with men drivers sat in them, parked in full sun and had their engines running, obviously were waiting for someone who was shopping and they must have had their air con on. One was reading his paper!

17. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Every morning the playing field nearby is festooned with piles of litter.....glass bottles, pizza boxes, cans, plastic bottles, gas canisters (the popular high of choice at the moment), etc.

Whilst filling a sack with litter and glass bottles over there this morning I noticed a family run past a pile of litter a number of times while they exercised. The mum gave me the thumbs up sign, presumably for my good work?

Then the dad stopped with his kids next to a load of gas canisters, stooped to pick something up, inspect it then chuck it back on the floor and walk away! Great lesson there :rolleyes:

I made a point of walking straight over and picking it and all the canisters up and putting in my litter bag! :mad:

Another older woman had strode onto the field, photographed a pile of rubbish on her phone, then strode off. No doubt armed with evidence to back up a complaint. Shame she didn’t think to bring a bag with her and pick that lot up to plonk in the bin on the way out :rolleyes:

Why the people who laid yards of sticky tape on the basketball court some time yesterday, repainted all the lines then thought it a good idea to bundle up said tape and shove it, the empty paint tin and brush on top of the already overstuffed bin instead of taking it home with them?

I went home and got another bag so I could leave an empty bin for the local yoof to fill up during today instead of chucking their rubbish on the floor cos the bin was full!

And breathe ..... :D

lullabydream, Calvine and lorilu like this.
  18. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

People and their litter is a never ending source of disgust and despair to me. I just cannot comprehend the mentality. The trail I walk on daily has become a dump, litter and dog poop everywhere since this new breed of fake nature lover has developed due to stay at home orders. These people have never stepped foot in a forest before, but because they've been TOLD to stay home, suddenly they need to get out and "enjoy nature". There won't be much left of nature to enjoy, pretty soon.

Calvine likes this.
  19. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Maybe she's like me can't bend very easy to pick things up.

Cully likes this.
  20. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

Jeez! Straight home no doubt, to post that on her local ''Streetlife'' (complete with pix) and get lots of slaps on the back from her mates agreeing with her that it's awful but doing SFA about it. We had one on my local Streetlife, no kidding, he/she had posted photos of MUD (really small amounts) that boys had caused by walking home from playing football and not changing from boots to shoes before they went home. The poster admittedly got a lot of stick - people saying they could be doing far worse things than playing football etc. I remember some years back two of us going out hacking and my friend's mare did a pile (on the road, not the pavement, mind you), whereupon one of the locals asked her if she was going to clean it up. Like we always carry a spare shovel when we go out.
    This obsession with filming everything is weird. Filming bullying, filming animals being abused . . . instead of helping, or at least trying to get help.

#2100 Calvine, May 29, 2020
    Last edited: May 29, 2020
    Lurcherlad likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice