Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Petty things that annoy you.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Happy Paws2, Apr 3, 2019.

1. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Did see Johnny Vegas actually volunteering in his local community with food parcels, but obviously that didn't make nationwide news as its not that important is it in a pandemic! Or if it did, not mentioned often enough.

Have seen some celebs performing for free, then others 'pay per view'

Ed Sheran paying his staff, out of his own money.. Victoria Beckham worth more furlough her staff so she could get government grant to pay them.

Don't get me started on Richard Branson..

Yes I know most people with money, have it assets rather than anything but it's terrible really. I do think as you say @Boxer123 there is a lot of self promotion around by large celebs currently that honestly don't need it. I don't think they will be out of employment after this. Its struggling artists new on the circuit, lesser known, the actual venues, that house these people that are struggling. Especially smaller places.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  2. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

There was another comedian I forget his name he applied to Asda but got turned down. No I didn’t see Jonny Vagas as you say it doesn’t make the papers. This morning it was two female celebs (don’t know who) bravely set up a podcast.

I’m just not sure brave is the correct word. For me brave is those working in hospitals and care homes.

(Gets off soap box)

Magyarmum and lullabydream like this.
  3. lullabydream

Nope not brave to me either. Not news worthy to me either

It was Jason Manford who said he had applied for Tescos I think as a driver.

I don't know why but so many celebs suddenly on YouTube on my recommendations! I know some had YouTube channels barely touched more marketing, and I kind of get some of it but not all of it. Some have always interacted with their fans, I tend to watch comedians and Sarah Milican, Jimmy Carr are two I can think of. Not all those that sing though.

I do appreciate that some celebs have released their lives on platforms such as YouTube so people can enjoy them whilst in lockdown etc. Obviously if they are getting lots of hits, and get ads they make money off that.

I meant to say in my previous message, Boyzone are not the 'nicest' people in real life. My sisters ex worked with them loosely twice, and Stephen he liked and kept his feet on the ground but the others.. Nooo no no. Obviously that's very much an opinion.

Boxer123 likes this.
  4. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

Yes that was him bless he is now volunteering I believe.

lullabydream likes this.
  5. Cully

Cully PetForums VIP

I like Jason Manford. In fact I have a lot of respect for celebs who don't forget their roots, especially those from humble beginnings, who don't mind getting their hands dirty when the chips are down.

Lurcherlad and lullabydream like this.
  6. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Holidays in the UK might be in short supply and resorts mobbed when freedom finally reins :(

lullabydream likes this.
  7. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

Or Deadly NIghtshade, or Poison Ivy?

8. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

They sound dreadful.

9. lullabydream

When your chihuahua gets accused of not being a chihuahua.. Not because she's a deer head and wouldn't meet the standard but because she's not got the body shape. Apparently she's way too thin, a proper chihuahua is stocky and has a very tiny head compared to their body... I call that an obese chi!

Lurcherlad likes this.
  10. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

How rude I do think people are very used to seeing chubby dogs these days.

margy, lullabydream and Lurcherlad like this.
  11. Jesthar

Jesthar PetForums VIP

The ITV Mental Health Awareness Week text message style adverts. :Jawdrop

Yes, it's a very important subject and a message I thoroughly support, but WHY did the have to make the 'blerp' sound when each message pops up sound JUST like a cat trying to bring up a hairball? I've started off the sofa to look for the pre-vomitee so many times... :rolleyes:

lorilu likes this.
  12. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

:Hilarious:Hilarious:Hilarious

13. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

I can’t find my metal glue gun, loaded with No More Nails despite looking everywhere o_O

lullabydream likes this.
  14. Cully

Cully PetForums VIP

Since lockdown started I've had my main window broken by council gardeners and am living with it boarded up for goodness knows how long it's going to take to get glass. I've had a flood in my kitchen because of rotten water pipes which should have been replaced years ago. And now the bloody pump on my shower has broken so I'm gonna have to stink until the council can fix it. Anything else? Might as well throw it all at me now:mad::mad::mad:

Calvine, Lurcherlad and lullabydream like this.
  15. lullabydream

It's never rains but pours, bless you!

Cully likes this.
  16. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

Right now, my printer.
    I put the paper in, click print - No paper warning comes up. Repeat this process a gazillion times until the printer finally realises that there is paper and starts to print. :Banghead

Cully, Lurcherlad and lullabydream like this.
  17. lullabydream

Mine does that for me only.. It hates me I swear.

Although my friend says her printer is playing upto and my OH usually sorts all computer problems so it will have to wait with lockdown!

18. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

I hate summer. Incessant obsessive mowing all day long, (and since I am working from home, I NEVER get away from it) and smoky "camp fires" all night. The only time I can open my windows these days is early in the morning.

The main problem is the location of my home. I am at the height of land on the road, live on the second floor, and am exposed on all sides to other people's lawns and outdoor fire places, all their noise and smells.

My new house isn't like that. One of the reasons it was the right one for me. But I haven't had my closing yet, and before I can move in, there is work to be done, which I can't schedule, until I have had the closing. Some days I feel so desperate to get out of here I don't know how I can stand it. I am so close to getting out, but still ..still stuck with all this obnoxious noise and smoke.

19. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Just hang on to the day when you get to walk away for the last time :)

20. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

Yeah but it doesn't really help. Knowing I'll be getting out doesn't change that my current living conditions are still intolerable, with the constant noise and constant smoke and having to keep the house shut up all the time. It's not nice for the cats either. It's stifling in here. And it's going to be another month before I can get out, even AFTER I close. There is work that needs to be done.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice