Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Petty things that annoy you.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Happy Paws2, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Jackie C

Jackie C Cat slave

Yes, I would be mildly irritated by them, they're just being passively aggressive. But at least you don't have to bother now. I'm not a fan of sterile gardens, either.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  2. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

People are idiots. I can't stand it. I work for a municipality and it is water collection time again, and once again I am in the depths of despair over the idiots and their time wasting ways.

Staples. Staplers should be taken away from the general public.
    Tape (see staples)
    checks with absolutely nothing to identify what they are paying. (you wouldn't believe how many of these I get)
    Rounding the amount up, so the check doesn't match the amount due (refund has to be issued)
    Paying the wrong amount for the date of payment (didn't read bill correctly)
    One check for multiple bills, but they did their math wrong and the check is too much or too little
    Check not signed
    Numerical amount doesn't match written amount (and often, neither are correct)

I have one customer who sends the payment in with staples all over it. I am not kidding. Staples all through the outside of the envelope. They all have to be removed before the contents can be removed from the envelope. Another who tapes the envelope around every edge.

GAH!

Jackie C likes this.
  3. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

The douchecanoe dog owner who came out to have words with me about pepper spraying his dogs the other day.
    Here I was thinking he was going to apologize for his dog coming in to the road to bark at me - which she did, as usual, and I thought he must have seen her do it as he came out and said "were my dogs bothering you?" Uh yeah, your big black bitch comes out in to the middle of the road to bark and lunge at me every time I pass your house and she's not in the house. She's done it for years and I know her game, but it's not particularly pleasant. Yeah, he's aware of that, but he's talking about his little dogs, why did I have to pepper spray them?

So wait, let me understand this correctly. You know your big dog basically goes for me with regularity. And you understand how unpleasant that is for me, and you have nothing to say about that, no apology, nothing. But your little dogs come out in a mass herd of furry pirañas, completely ignore your wife's calls, continue to come after me to the next mailbox, at which point I lose patience and spray the one closest to me, and you have an issue with me for how I handled being harassed by your dogs?
    Perhaps you'd prefer I punt them across the road back in to your yard?

I did not apologize, did not raise my voice. I asked if his dogs were okay - they were. Were they bothered by the spray - they were not. Did you have to take them to the vet - he did not. Cool, I'll be on my way then. :Finger

Beth78, lullabydream, SbanR and 2 others like this.
  4. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

You should have pepper sprayed him.

margy, Pixel, Beth78 and 3 others like this.
  5. Jackie C

Jackie C Cat slave

What did you say to him? Just curious. Did you tell him how they always go for you? Afterall, he could be telling his story to the police if you felt that way inclined and he'd be far less pleased about that.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  6. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

Will you continue to spray them until they learn not to harass you?:)

7. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

IKR? :p Figures that I didn't have my pepper spray with me just them, I don't always remember to bring it with me.

For anyone who doesn't realize I'm kidding, I wouldn't have pepper sprayed the man for simply talking to me.

I don't have a plan, no. If I have the spray with me and I feel it's warranted, I'll use it, but I don't go out planning on spraying any dog or creature.

Funny story, a) he is a police officer (off duty at the time obviously), and b) if he were to call the police, he would be in the wrong as his dogs were what's classed as "at large" similar to the out of control laws in the UK, except here, and I was completely within my rights to pepper spray them, and he well knows that. I even mentioned that I did not go home and call animal control and report his address. He softened after I mentioned that. Frankly he and his dogs got off easy. His dogs weren't hit by a car out in the middle of the road, they weren't shot, they weren't injured in any way. We should all be so lucky when out dogs get away from us and run out in to the road out of control.

8. Jackie C

Jackie C Cat slave

Good for you. And it's not as if it isn't the first time. Glad that he knows that you know.
    Sounds like an arrogant prick, in all honesty and not used to people challenging him.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  9. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

The conversation definitely didn't go the way either of us expected. I seriously thought he was approaching me to apologize, and then when he started out by saying "were my dogs bothering you" I definitely thought an apology was forthcoming.
    I really don't think he expected me to respond the way I did either. I most certainly was not going to apologize! But I was very polite. As I will say, so was he.

It was a very polite, awkward, unexpected standoff/confrontation I've had LOL!

Jackie C and Lurcherlad like this.
  10. Jackie C

Jackie C Cat slave

I think some men and some policemen like the power trip and don't expect confrontation. I would have liked to have seen him taken down a peg or two.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  11. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

I didn't do that, nor would it have been my intention.
    I was pissed that he came out to confront me, especially when I was expecting an apology, but my intent was never to lash back or make him feel small. I can stand up for myself without knocking the other person down - years of therapy and learning to set healthy boundaries :D

I'm totally over the whole thing now. I was still annoyed when I wrote the post last night, but today it's done. I don't feel like he was trying to be an butthole. I think he was feeling protective of his wee little ickums, and frankly as a fellow dog lover I get that.

We left it somewhat amicably, my intent was never to hurt his dogs and I feel like that point did come across to him. I'd like to think he too has calmed down and understands better where I'm coming from. I'm sure we will bump in to each other again and I fully anticipate it to be a friendly, polite encounter.

Which is actually a nice outcome if I sit and think about it. It's nice to know that two relative strangers can have a disagreement, handle it maturely, and then let it go and go on with life.
    Tis all good :)

lullabydream likes this.
  12. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

@Boxer123 my eyebrows! Have succumbed to an Internet hack of many years... They need a good colouring so we will see later tonight if it works..

If I don't report back I will have resorted back to drowning my sorrows in....errrr..washing up liquid to hope it gets the dye out!

Boxer123 likes this.
  13. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

We need pictures please.

lullabydream and O2.0 like this.
  14. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Why do I take my gardening gloves off to quickly do something delicate or fiddly, then forget to put them back on and only realise after I’ve been rummaging about in the dirt for ages?

It takes ages to get all the dirt from under my fingernails :rolleyes:

Pixel, lullabydream and Boxer123 like this.
  15. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

I know the trick for that. Soap under the fingernails before you start. Scrape your nails over a bar of soap, making sure soap gets under every nail. Later when you wash your hands, the nails come completely clean with no effort. It is a miracle. (I tend to rub some into the cuticle area too, just for good measure).

I have two things to comment on today. As I was driving home from the grocery store a piece of cat hair was stuck to my nose tickling and tickling. I had sanitized my hands before taking my mask off (where the cat hair probably came from), and after, but I didn't dare swipe it off.

The worst part was I could actual SEE the hair out of the bottom of my eye as I drove along. [​IMG]

And then this: A few days ago there were trucks out on the road doing things to the telephone poles. You know how they do. Well what they did was install some kind of metal box up on the pole across the road from my my house. Now, when it rains, the rain drips off the tree above it onto the metal box and all night long I hear this loud metallic DRIP DRIP DRIP.

(Fortunately I won't have to suffer it much longer because guess what I BOUGHT A HOUSE! I am officially cleared for closing, I should have my date on Monday.)

16. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Even more annoying is I know the soap trick, but only think of it as I look down at my nails ingrained with dirt (again) ;)

Oh drips, I get it. Much like a ticking clock in a silent room - get on the last nerve and keep flicking it.

Any chance a bit of copious pruning might remove the drip source?

Congratulation on closing on your new house. Lots to keep you busy as you settle in but a nice feeling when you close the door that first night and finally fall into an armchair with a well earned tipple :)

lorilu and Boxer123 like this.
  17. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

@lorilu Massive Congratulations on your house purchase!:)

lorilu likes this.
  18. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

The 2 separate comments from passersby “you’re doing a good job there - disgusting isn’t it, blah blah” as I was picking up litter and glass bottles from the playing field (having already filled one sack on my walk with Jack earlier).

It seemed to escape their notice that they could have picked up the rubbish they’d just walked past and put it in the bin by the exit. Especially the one who turned and pointed out and moaned about it.

My response was “well, nobody else will so instead of moaning about it I decided to do something about it - smiling sweetly ;)

Pixel, lorilu, SbanR and 1 other person like this.
  19. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

Thank you! No, it's not my tree and it's high up besides. I an almost senior citizen with severe arthritis, I won't be climbing any trees any time soon. (though I used to love to climb trees) But yeah that metallic drip is annoying. I won't have to suffer it long though, now.

It's true about the soap trick it does take making it into a habit. You can keep a bar of soap with your gardening things, just for the purpose

Thank you so much. I'm scared to death lol. I've lived in this apartment 22 years.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  20. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

Celebrities are irritating me. Every time I turn the TV on there is a celebrity in their massive house promoting something and passing it off as raising money for charity. Actually you are self promoting. Do we really need boyzone to reform in the middle of a pandemic. Will this make the virus leave ?

Pixel, margy, lullabydream and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice