Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Petty things that annoy you.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Happy Paws, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Elles

Elles PetForums VIP

People YELLING in posts. :Bag

I think a lot of these complaints aren’t petty though. People using mobile phones whilst driving isn’t petty, it’s dangerous and causes accidents and death.

2. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

I didn't realize this had expanded to be about all petty things not just on line stuff.

You want to know what bugs me? People who drag their feet when they walk. Scuff scuff scuff scuff. Ugh it makes me crazy. Just pick up your damn feet for crying out loud!

kimthecat and SusieRainbow like this.
  3. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

'Going Potty ' !

Lurcherlad and Magyarmum like this.
  4. Happy Paws

Happy Paws PetForums VIP

I wish I could but after having two strokes I can't, I'm sure I'm not the only one.

5. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

Possibly not. But I doubt the vast majority of people I encounter dragging their feet have had strokes. And (next part said with affection and humor, not snarky) it is you who started this thread inviting us to share our petty annoyances so it's no good trying to take it personally! :)

SusieRainbow likes this.
  6. Happy Paws

Happy Paws PetForums VIP

I wasn't and wouldn't, I was just making the point not everyone does it on purpose.

7. Animallover26

Animallover26 I am me.

I have a partially blocked toilet (bowl does empty but slowly) and apparently it's not urgent, not having a repair until the end of the month! :mad:

kimthecat likes this.
  8. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

I guess @lorilu was referring more to the youths of today shuffling about with their jeans exposing most of their underpants.;)
    And while we're on that subject - youths shuffling about with their jeans at half mast !:D

Calvine, lorilu, Elles and 1 other person like this.
  9. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Absolutely. :)

10. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Buy a plunger ;)

11. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

“Putting the baby down” instead of “putting the baby to bed”.

Bugsys grandma and SusieRainbow like this.
  12. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

yes, you did take it personally based on your reply.

I am sorry you have suffered strokes of course but it was my impression that this was a light-hearted thread for people to post their petty annoyances and laugh at them. When you start taking it personally and telling people why they shouldn't have this or that petty annoyance....well it opens a whole new can doesn't it? Most of these could be taken apart and be said "well you need to look at it from the other person's point of view" thus the word "petty". But that wasn't the point was it?

I truly don't mean any disrespect to you at all HP, I think quite a lot of you and would not want to cause you any distress But your reaction to my post doesn't seem quite fair, or in keeping with the spirit of the thread.

Practically everyone in the building I work in walks like that, dragging their feet, scuffing their shoes. It drives me crazy. Including my boss. :)

#192 lorilu, Apr 15, 2019 at 7:08 PM
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019 at 7:19 PM
  13. picaresque

picaresque Mongrelist

LOUD birbs in spring mode - specifically a particular wood pigeon with a megaphone who starts at the crack of dawn
    Similarly loud human neighbours who start gardening and DIYing with power tools galore as soon as we get some sun and longer days. It's all of them. All day. Shhh.

lullabydream and Bugsys grandma like this.
  14. Bugsys grandma

Bugsys grandma PetForums Senior

My bloody neighbour has starting strimming his lawn 20 minutes ago! It's lovely out yes but it wasn't even 6.30am when he started!
    Didn't wake me or anything, I've been up since 4.30, and Woody and I are just about to go for our walk, but there are many people who aren't up at this time, especially on a Saturday, have a little consideration eh?

15. picaresque

picaresque Mongrelist

That's too much :eek: Thankfully my neighbours don't start that early.

16. Happy Paws

Happy Paws PetForums VIP

That's thoughtless, how does anyone think it's OK to make so much noise that early in the morning.

lullabydream and kimthecat like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice