UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 6589 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some know I have mild form of dyslexia and sometimes have trouble when posting things, but I try my best with spelling checks and just hope it makes sense. Well I'm finding it harder reading anything to long that has know punctuation and there seems a lot of it around lately, is so hard to put a comer, a full stop or a capital letter in.

What things annoy you :)

·
Registered
13,034 Posts
I’m a dreadful poster! I used to rattle them off no problem until someone read something wrongly and reacted.
Now it takes forever. I write, read, amend thoroughly before posting and often edit afterwards:(

My pet hate is use of the word “of” for have. Written and spoken. “He/she/they should of.........”.
Makes me cringe:confused:

·
Premium Member
33,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm a dreadful poster! I used to rattle them off no problem until someone read something wrongly and reacted.
Now it takes forever. I write, read, amend thoroughly before posting and often edit afterwards:(

My pet hate is use of the word "of" for have. Written and spoken. "He/she/they should of.........".
Makes me cringe:confused:
I know what you mean, it sometimes drives me mad trying to make sure I get it right.:D

·
Registered
19,204 Posts
People who throw their **** ends down in the street . We have a lot of people passing through and our street is littered with them .

School mums who take over the pavements with their push chairs and kids and force everyone else into the road

People who park their cars on the pavement very close to the fences so you cant pass and have to walk in the road.

People who block my off street parking.

People who let their dogs run up to mine , friendly and unfriendly .

Anything to do with Brexit .

Dog Whisper personalities e.g The Dogfather and CM.

·
Registered
19,204 Posts
Another I hate: ''He was talking to John and I'' instead of ''John and ME''. You would not say, ''He was talking to I and John'', or ''He was talking to I''.
He was talking to John and he was talking to me, therefore he was talking to John and me.
Also , John and me went for a walk , no , John and I went for a walk . You dont say Me went for a walk .

·
KIM N ARCHIE
1,554 Posts
i still think you all spell better then me @Happy Paws i know how you feel i realy just dont understand where to put comers etc so i realy just dont use them the photos i post now that i realy enjoy and can do that but the spelling bit is hard im somtimes on my phone before posting to you all and im reading it back before i post so yes i can understand before i had a phone my spelling was bad but it helped me a lot to spell and then came the txt im still learning but im getting there i was never any good at spellings and adding up at school drawing yes loved it and PE or sports ..

·
Registered
16,423 Posts
Hahaha, I could write pages but here is a few ….

- Americanisms (seem to be bloody everywhere)
- People who call me 'Hun' (or babe) … I want to knock them out
- The term 'guys' … see above
- Men at my office who seem to spend ages collecting their stuff from the printer
- BMW/Audi drivers
- James Cordon
- My ability to lose my phone/keys at least a dozen times a day
- People at cash points who take forever … WTF are they doing?!

1 - 20 of 6589 Posts