Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

petsitting/dog walking/boarding insurance?

Discussion in 'Dog Boarding' started by Ivywalker, May 4, 2011.

1. Ivywalker

Ivywalker PetForums Newbie

Hi

Please can someone recommend a good insurance for my new dog walking/pet sitting business please, I've emailed a couple but have heard nothing back?

thank you so much!

Mary

2. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Pet Plan do a dog walkers and pet sitters insurance now, called pet plan sanctuary.
    They also put a free advert on petplan business finder for all policy holders apparently, and you can also pay by interest free direct debit.

Insurance for Boarding Kennels & Catteries - Petplan Sanctuary
    Telephone 0800 980 7325

Dont know if its one you have tried yet?

3. DougGeneration

DougGeneration PetForums Junior

I never thought there were such? Good to know then. :p

4. Nikki1

Nikki1 PetForums Newbie

I use cliverton for my dog training/walking business. I find them very good and nice and flexible when you need to change info etc. However I haven't ever had to claim off them so not sure what they are like when you do.

Nikki

5. Ivywalker

Ivywalker PetForums Newbie

Cliverton is one that hasn't replied - thanks anyway - I may try again! I will also try petplan

thanks for the replies!:)

6. Jasmine321

Jasmine321 PetForums Newbie

Hi

I have my own business doing home boarding/dog walking, cat feeding and small animal care and use Clivertons insurance.their number is 01328 857921. You will also need to check with your council about a homeboarding licence and also a police check (Subject Access Order and not CRB) This enables you to go to someones house and pick up their dog. Different areas have different rules as far as licencing goes but the insurance forms usually ask if this has been done. All the best.

7. Amanda holl

Amanda holl PetForums Newbie

clivertons seem really good and you also need a licence from the council plus you need to check with planning permisson that you can run a business from your home

8. Auds

Auds PetForums Newbie

My insurance for home boarding is with Pet Business Insurance and they seem very good and helpful.

You are best to have (at least) public liability cover plus care, custody and control insurance. It can also cover you as a key holder if you go into peoples houses say to collect dogs or whatever.

9. Owned By A Yellow Lab

Owned By A Yellow Lab PetForums VIP

I'm with Cliverton. Never had to claim, thankfully, so can't say what they're like in that regard though.

10. BoredomBusters

BoredomBusters PetForums VIP

I left Cliverton because they keep putting stuff I don't need on the insurance, but I have to pay extra for the things I do need! Pet Business Insurance did the best quote when I rang round.

11. Pygmy Warrior

Pygmy Warrior PetForums Newbie

We use Cliverton for public liability, however, we had an incident. They told us that as we had permission to walk the dog off lead pretty much all responsibility passed to the owner. They may have a point but next year I will be looking more closely at the more likely claim scenarios to make sure that I get the cover I want.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice