Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pets4homes pedigree adverts

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lymorelynn, Apr 7, 2021.

1. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Screenshot_20210407-075323.png

I've just been made aware of this on Facebook and would be interested to know if it's true. Another member on here has tried a test advert but wasn't stopped.
    @petforum can you shed any light on this?
    If it is true it would be a step in the right direction but not allowing breeds to be specified without pedigree registration would be better.

LinznMilly likes this.
  2. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

I don't know but I think it was pets4homes I once saw a Yorkie saying it was registered with TICA as its pedigree.

What will happen with dogs, which does happen will they will register the dogs/puppies on the activity register. Where they have to be registered for agility but don't have to be a specific breed.

I am guessing people will just tick boxes too, and either say in the description or do the 'waiting' for papers

lymorelynn likes this.
  3. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

Surely they can just say "purebred" instead?

lullabydream likes this.
  4. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

I so far haven't managed to find anyone who has actually received this, rather than a shared screen shot. Personally I think it's fake news, and also totally useless news. All it's doing is prohibiting the use of the word 'pedigree' in an advert for an unregistered cat or dog. Until they prohibit the use of breed names for unregistered animals nothing will change, and when that happens the BYBs will decamp elsewhere that's less fussy.

lymorelynn likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice