Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pets at Home supply problem

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Peter Sinclair, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Peter Sinclair

Peter Sinclair PetForums Newbie

Afternoon

Just wonderingif anyone knows why Pets at Home cannot supply thier step up to naturals chicken and turkey 14kg dry food ,,, and why they don't know when supplies will resume... this is a problem for us 2 leish dogs needing chicken, not beef, wheat free, ideally no peas, lowish proteien, this is/was the ideal food ...budget being a major consideration, we are feeding in total 4 dogs ..... for a major retailler they are not being very forthcomning .. and now their web site is crashing when you try to aceess the step up range ..My question is ... we are desperatley looking for a replacement food.... but can't find one wihin our price range.... Cheers, Peter Sincair

#1 Peter Sinclair, Mar 1, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Look on allaboutdogfood.co.uk for comparisons.

BlueJay likes this.
  3. BlueJay

BlueJay Pack of Losers

The grain free version should still be available as normal in most stores, or you can see if your local store can order in it for you (to store or home delivery).
    The supply issue should in theory be resolved soon, but as with most things, can't really put a specific date on it!

My gang eats Step Up as standard, though at the moment are eating through some bags of Autarky (I stocked up on lots for cheap!), that might be worth a look.
    The salmon one is probably the best of the standard range, and runs a similar price to Step Up. There's grain free versions too which are closer to the £30 mark, though I think they all contain peas.

Maybe Harrington's? Markus Muhle?

4. Peter Sinclair

thanks

5. Peter Sinclair

this is the second time PAH have been unable to supply and they just won't give any clues as to when problem will be resolved nor are they offering a notification option,.... inabilty to supply once is careless twice is.. well twice is just getting tedious ..... and last time they promised a resoultion by end Jan thing is of course you need to be able to plan move to a new food,,, if supplier won't help with this... welll......

6. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

I bought the grain free version last week. If there are supply problems with the 'normal' version, it's best to stock up when you see some, as long as you have the storage space. And if you order online, you should be top of the pile when stocks do arrive.

7. Peter Sinclair

Thanks for this.... yes we keep stocks in .... but can only store 4 bags at a time We can't order online because PAh have run out of supplies completely everywhere and the product is not appearing on their website..... The PAH rhetoric is not matching the reality ....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice