Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pets at Home Hay

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by AlexT, Aug 11, 2009.

1. AlexT

AlexT PetForums Member

On sunday i bought some hay so i could clean my hutches out, i was braking down the hay as they come tightly packed when i took a handfull of what i thought was hay out. Well it wasn't it had bones and fur and it wasn't a rat. possibly a rabbit. i can understand this happening its just farm life and nature but i was desturbed that the manufacture did not check to product properly before sending it off to the shop. i took it back and was given a large sack of hay and they have sent it off for testing to identify exactly what it was and are then going to get in touch with me. will let you know what they say when they get back in touch, also have a few pics will put them up later. Sorry for and poor spelling. x

2. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

oh yuck, hopefully they will come back with whta it was.xx

3. Guinevere13

Guinevere13 PetForums VIP

That sounds terrible! I like surprises but not that kind! Poor you (and the mystery animal!)

4. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

Oh my god! Must've got a shock? Hopefully you will find out what it was though! :eek:

5. AlexT

AlexT PetForums Member

I'm not a squimish (sp?) person and even that ment made my tummy turn!

6. frags

frags PetForums VIP

eeewwww that must have been terrible!! i have bought some from them to get me by until i get to the farm, now im worried about what im going to find! it isnt nice hay anyway as mine is full of sticks

7. AlexT

AlexT PetForums Member

No it's definaetly not the best hay i only bought it because they are ment to have de dusted it and the dust irrates my skin. They said this was the first time that had ever happened to them, i'm just being careful from now on taking little bits at a time might start wearing rubber gloves to do it lol.

8. frags

frags PetForums VIP

i think i will pick it up with caution now lol

9. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

that must've been horrible :(

10. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

I think it happens alot but luckily it's only happened to us once. Think it was a dead mouse. Other finds have been an airline luggage tag and bin bags!

11. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

Oh no I had this happen to me and the company was comfy bedding, and it was a rabbit leg in mine, sent them a really stinging letter , saying that they should check there product ,, that was over a year ago, still no reply, :cursing: should have sent the leg through the post that would have prompted a resonse i am sure

12. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

What hay was it? I use the home friends one from P@H, its about £4.50 a bag. I dont want to use it if it contains body parts.

13. AlexT

AlexT PetForums Member

No it was just there own brand stuff, i hope i get a reply from them on what it was still have pics to put up, we'll they said to me the only ever had people finding stones in them but i can imagine people find more then that, i mean if you get it straight from a farm you can expect that kind of this but when it comes from a farm then onto a factory to be packed you expect it to haved been checked. i might right them a letter too with the pictures just to let them know how dissapointed i am, think i'll stick to ducty hay in the future.

14. AlexT

AlexT PetForums Member

I recieved a letter back from the manufaturer and they did not tell me a single things just that they hoped it still use it the had a new machine to remove the dust as there doing a new dust free one (which it was suppose to be!) and sorry! so i have gained nothing from sending it off for investigation.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice