UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thanks. I had a [email protected] one ages ago for one of the chins,but the metal went all horrible on it after a bit, it was shiny silver when I bought it, then it went dull and 'scratchy'. Scrapey metal goes through me like nails down a chalkboard:eek:, so I don't wan't another cage like that. If I get a JH one are they coated or something so they don't go that way? or are they made out of different stuff to start with to not have that problem? Is he expensive? (I'd need it delivered). I want a chinchilla cage but with a solid floor at least 3-4" deep, made to size to fit in a certain spot.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
ok thanks. I had a [email protected] one ages ago for one of the chins,but the metal went all horrible on it after a bit, it was shiny silver when I bought it, then it went dull and 'scratchy'. Scrapey metal goes through me like nails down a chalkboard:eek:, so I don't wan't another cage like that. If I get a JH one are they coated or something so they don't go that way? or are they made out of different stuff to start with to not have that problem? Is he expensive? (I'd need it delivered). I want a chinchilla cage but with a solid floor at least 3-4" deep, made to size to fit in a certain spot.
Look on his site. He has loads on his gallery, with prices.

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, no reptiles! Can't stand what they eat:eek:

I want it to put the rats in. I'm having a sort out in the shed, and their current cage is too shallow based to keep bedding in. As soon as I put some in they kick and shove it all back out as the tray is only an inch high:rolleyes:. It can't be altered either, or it won't fit, and I can't get another tray as I won't get it in (well I might, but it won't come back out again:lol:). So I'm going to sell it and get them another cage. I want a JH or similar, as I need it made to fit and want a higher tray on it.

G

·
Hmmm, I wouldn't put rats in a JH cage, rats like height and hopewell cages are made for rock hoppers (chins and goos). It will be cheaper to get an explorer tbh too lol

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmmm, I wouldn't put rats in a JH cage, rats like height and hopewell cages are made for rock hoppers (chins and goos). It will be cheaper to get an explorer tbh too lol
That's why I want one made to order. I can get a cage 30" high in the shed (about 4" shorter than what their in), and they spend a lot of time loose in there as well. I would put plastic shelves and things in it instead of the wooden style chinchilla shelves so they'd have more ledges. An explorer would be ace but I have no space for one:(.

G

·
He make rat cages with height if you look on his site.
I was just going on the title of the thread, as it said chin type cage that is the one I am talking about :p

Still think an explorer/happy house or similar would be cheaper :lol:

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh great ill have a look! I put chin cage in the title cos that's all I know them as:p

Yep one of those probs would be cheaper, but as I said the explorer is too big and a happy house is too tall too fit in. Plus it has the same tray type as what I already have so I'd have the same problem with it!

G

·
Oh great ill have a look! I put chin cage in the title cos that's all I know them as:p

Yep one of those probs would be cheaper, but as I said the explorer is too big and a happy house is too tall too fit in. Plus it has the same tray type as what I already have so I'd have the same problem with it!
That's why everyone buys better trays ;)

Really not sure how you are struggling fitting either a happy house or an explorer in a shed. Sounds like you have far too much in there to me if that is the case....

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's a slope roofed shed so it won't fit heightwise where it's narrower. It's also only 6x4 so a explorer would be huuuuuge in it, leaving no space for everything else:p

G

·
I stand by my opinion then, you have too much in a 6ft shed.
To be frank the buns should have that just for themselves.....

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Even if I only had the rats in there, without any food or extras, those 2 cages still wouldn't fit. The happy house is too tall, and the explorer is too wide. That's why I bought the cage I did in the first place.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.