Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

pets & allergys

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by emilylp, Aug 3, 2009.

1. emilylp

emilylp PetForums VIP

Does anyone here own a pet that you or a family member are allergic to , mildyly or strongly if so what do you do to help keep allergys at bay

2. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

I'm allergic to my cat, Marley...

I just use boots hayfever & allergy tablets... They work for me! :)

3. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

I am with Parrots....:(

I tried everything but was Hosp twice with my asthma..

But there is things you can do as said most inportant thing is to wash you hands if you touch them..:)

4. emilylp

emilylp PetForums VIP

are they just a 1 a day tablet?

5. emilylp

emilylp PetForums VIP

aww yeh , just that my mum , THINKS shes mildly allergic to some dogs , some she is some she isnt , her eyes run , she gets it with my cats like if she strokes them sometimes and touches her face, and of course dont want her to be allrgic to my dog lol.

6. smegs1978

smegs1978 PetForums Junior

I've just had a puppy and am slightly allergic to him, i just take piriton for it.

When i was 16 i did an animal care course for 2 years, and i was never allergic to anything, but now i can't touch rodents or rabbits as i am very allergic to them.

I think in time i will be become immune to the puppy.

7. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

Dad is allergic to the ferret, but only mildly so he just get on with it, but me and my brother look after her so he doesn't really come into too much contact with her :)

8. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

I'm a bit allergic to my rabbit. It's only when he casts though because so much hair comes out of him. Don't know where he get's it from but he doesn't go bald or anything! It's enough for me to put up with though because he's weird :D Plus I wanted him and didn't check to see if I was allergic to rabbits so I don't see why he should suffer because of it.

9. SmudgeAllart

SmudgeAllart PetForums Junior

I was slightly allergic to other peoples cats, but having my own seems to have cured that.
    I had quite a violent reaction to a house rabbit once and have never really touched one since, so not sure if that is all rabbits.
    Never had a reaction to dogs.
    Hope that helps.:)

10. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

Yeah .. we have a freind whos like this sometimes he comes in loves a cuddles from dog & cat and who ever and if he dosent wash is hands or face he sneeszes and eyes run.. if he bad i had tablets from Poundland thye help him..:D

11. emilylp

emilylp PetForums VIP

will things like benadryl help? it says they can totally clear symptoms, im not even sure she is fully allergic but its just incase ANY of us are allergic onde day lol ;)

12. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

yes :D

13. Vicki

Vicki PetForums VIP

My ex-partner was allergic to dogs. He didn't know he was allergic until the puppy came home. He's only slightly allergic to dogs, but has very strong pollen allergies which made him more sensitive to the dog. We kept the dog (of course), but it was difficult for him in the spring, since the dog brought in a lot of pollen. The last few years he's had shots that really have helped a lot. Mainly he takes the shots for his pollen allergies, but they help against his dog allergy as well.

14. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

I am to my long hair cat, i dont take anything i just suffer witht he sneezing, coughing, buring swollen eyes lol But if i am about to brush her i'll take a tablet and it seems to work i also change my top and wash my hands and face

Im ok with my short hair one tho and i am allergic to black cats the most!

15. Jem29

Jem29 PetForums Member

I have a sneeky suspision that I am allergic to dogs and my ENT thinks I am too. I don't have itchy eyes, sneezing etc... but I suffer from a congested nose and heavy head feeling alot of the time, which they think is a type of allergic rhinitis. Hmmmm, I wonder?

My hubby was so allergic to our kitten that we had to re-home him:( I couldn't let hubby keep ending up in hospital though because he couldn't breath.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice