Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Petplan - overseas call centre - aaaarrrrhh

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Cuddypuppy, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Cuddypuppy

Cuddypuppy PetForums Member

Phew - just finished sorting Nelly's insurance out with Petplan. It was an absolute nightmare. I was put on hold time and time again whilst they went off to speak to a supervisor, then they set me up on the wrong policy and could not change it without me calling another number. The whole call took over half an hour. When I called the other number, thankfully it was in the UK but they weren't sure if they could help me without cancelling the policy and me re-dialling Mumbai (or wherever) and re-setting the policy up. Thankfully, she could amend the policy. I was all ready just to tell them to forget it.

Has anyone had any problems with the Petplan call centre or I have I been unlucky. It brought back all the problems and phone calls I have had with Orange and Tiscali with t'internet in the past :eek:

Are there any other policies that rival Petplan out there - preferably with a UK call centre?

2. Indie

Indie PetForums VIP

I have had problems with petplan paying the vet.

3. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

OH Yes we have had trouble with pet plan. Not the same but you might like to hear this story.

It says on the holiday ins. that if you have any problems or loss your pet passport they will held you sort it out and help you get a duplicate. Well they didn't.

About 4 years ago we went to France, Channel Tunnel, one night stop over and we had almost got to the South of France when OH said where is Amber's passport which should have been by me with some other documents but is was not. Well after a panic searching the car still no passport.
    To shorten the story we phoned Petplan to ask for their help, spoke to a woman who said "I don't know what you have do, can you give me your Phone No. and I'll get back to you." After that we phone our vet and the practice manager was very helpful she said she would phone copy all Amber documents so a French Vet could make her a french passport so we to bring her home. The passport did turn up we had left it at the hotel on our way down. We are still waiting for Petplan to phone us back

4. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

we've had problems with them taking money out early ggggrrr!!

looking to change over to direct line maybe.

5. Cuddypuppy

Cuddypuppy PetForums Member

Oh heck! I have 7 days to cancel. One of the vet nurses suggested More Than. Has anyone got their pet insured with More Than???

6. Frenchie

Frenchie Banned

That's quite poor service from Petplan. I guess maybe they became a bit complacent, having 45% of the market share.

Anyway, I personally dont have experience of More Than but maybe this real life story will help you. I also heard quite a lot of good things about them on this forum.

Meet Real Pets and Owners #3: Finney and Gaynor | Pet Insurance Discount

CuddyPuppy, if you want to change your insurance policy I suggest you do it as soon as possible. When you will buy a new policy, you will have a 14-day waiting period during which you cannot claim for illnesses. So arrange asap.

Good luck!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice