Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Petlog update

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Torin., Mar 25, 2021.

1. Torin.

Torin. PetForums VIP

Have people seen this? I did a forum search and a pre-existing thread hasn't come up, but apologies if that's missed something.

From a FB post

Is your pet chipped with Pet Log?
    ATTENTION all pet owners: Petlog (microchip) company have updated their website/database over this weekend [20-21/3] and it appears that you have to create a new account on their website. However, there has been some cases cropping up on social media where it appears that data and contact details have been lost off the system, however petlog have said this is not the case.
    Please if your pets microchip is registered with Petlog, log into your account and check that your details are still there and correct. Petlog microchip numbers usually start with 98100000.
    Petlog have advised:
    ‘We have upgraded our online services and website to ensure the database is dynamic and secure, we would like to reassure our customers that all data has been safely and securely migrated and reunification services are not impacted by this transition. If you have not created an account on our website since March 2021, please use our step-by-step guide on how to create an account.’
    https://www.petlog.org.uk/faqs

It's worth noting that the website seems to have been overwhelmed by people checking and flagging issues with this. As of 10pm tonight, the website "create new account" button is no longer working.

2. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

I heard about this earlier today and made a new account. Isla is not listed

3. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

Thanks for this @Torin. - the create new account worked straightaway for me just now and all my data seems to have migrated across fine to the new site,

lullabydream likes this.
  4. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

I had to create a new account, but Jack’s details were still there.

However, it’s inviting me to upgrade to Premium but I’m sure I did that when I got him back in 2012 so I’ve emailed and asked them to check.

5. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

My account is petlog premium but that seems to all be in order too. Seems i have been really lucky that everything has worked ok. Hope you get it sorted easily

lullabydream and Lurcherlad like this.
  6. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

Checked mine this morning, all fine. I'm sure most has migrated OK but we will (as per usual) hear mostly about the stuff that has gone wrong, rather than most of us who won't have an issue.
    Actually reminds me I need to find Fly's paperwork as I've no idea which database he's on. I don't think I did anything about changing it when my Dad died...

lullabydream likes this.
  7. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

Isla’s still not on. I’ve sent in her number, not had a reply yet

lullabydream likes this.
  8. Torin.

Torin. PetForums VIP

I've been able to make a new account this morning. Have also emailed because like @Lurcherlad my account is no longer premium.

Oh for sure you get feedback loops! But with something as vital as a microchip you want to get that sorted quickly.

Sarah H, lullabydream and Lurcherlad like this.
  9. Sairy

Sairy PetForums VIP

I've created a new account. Both Holly and Herbie are missing off there. Ginge is still on there. I've tried to match up their microchip numbers to my account but the website kept crashing

lullabydream likes this.
  10. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

I think they are swamped at the moment.

Sarah H, lullabydream and Sairy like this.
  11. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

We're so lucky here in Hungary because all microchipped dogs are registered by the vet on a central website at no charge to the owner.

If your dog goes missing or is stolen you notify the vet who informs the police and rescue organisation online.

Sarah H, tabelmabel, Sairy and 3 others like this.
  12. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

I think I will do this later, all mine are premium.

Thanks for heads up @Torin. as not a FB user wouldn't have known

13. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

Oh yeah definitely, that's why I checked my account! I'm sure it will all get sorted, I bet they are swamped with people's 'lost' pets.

14. DaisyBluebell

DaisyBluebell Earth, the insane asylum of the Universe

It's disgusting - a total shambles. In a time when dogs are getting stolen then found how the hell are police/vets gonna get the dogs back to their owners!!

15. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

The old fashion way through a paper trail, rather than electronic way I am guessing.

Most 'lost pets' I am sure will have logged their microchip number with someone in the area of authority

16. DaisyBluebell

DaisyBluebell Earth, the insane asylum of the Universe

Oh I hope so, haven't we got enough to worry about at present! Sadly I'm also reading because people aren't being contacted officially by Petlog they are thinking this is yet another Scam to garnish peoples information!

17. CheddarS

CheddarS PetForums VIP

Well this has made everyone look at their data so system has been taken down .

DaisyBluebell likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice