Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Petition

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by JessWhitfield, Jul 29, 2009.

1. JessWhitfield

JessWhitfield PetForums Newbie

I would really appreciate it if you could all sign this petition and tell everyone you know to sign it.

Change happens when people like you take the time to make a difference.

Its for a good cause.

To stop the Kennel Club allowing diseased dogs to be bred. So many dogs are suffering all for the sake of vanity and money

Thank You

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/4/st...ier-kc-spaniels-with-syringomyelia-to-be-bred

#1 JessWhitfield, Jul 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  2. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

Just tried to look at your petition link and it's been moved?

I'm not sure what the petition is for, but unfortunately breeding dogs can't be a check list of genetically clear dogs, or those with only the best scores health wise. If that's what your petition is about, it isn't those who breed responsibly from such dogs, but those who couldn't care about testing, or who breed regardless of health test results, that should be petitioned against; not sure whether that's as clear cut though.

3. JessWhitfield

JessWhitfield PetForums Newbie

The link is fixed. Im not sure why the actual link didnt come up first time.
    You dont have to sign it if you dont agree but id appreciate it if you make the decision after youve had a read through.

Thank you

4. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

I'm afraid I don't know enough about the condition to sign the petition :blushing: All I know about it is that it's 'the' condition that was focused on in 'that' programme. Have you got any more information about it, it's hereditary condition and how it can be passed on? When tested for, is it similar to the clear/carrier/affected results you have with the results for other genetic conditions?

If you have some info you can post or a link I'd like to have a read and then make an informed decision.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice