Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Petition of some sort?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Beagle Mafia, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

IN recent weeks I have read some disgusting animal abuse stories in the local papers. I have been left wondering if there is more I/we can do to stop it. I am in the process of forming a petition to hand to our local MP at our dog show in May.

If you would like to take a blank petition form and get it filled out then post it back I will get this handed over on the day.

Basically I think we should campaign for "harsher penalties for animal abuse"

Kitten drop-kicked 40 feet down the road 'like a rugby ball' by Plymouth thugs

Man accused of dropping hamster from first floor window, pet later died

Any feedback, advice, recommendations greatfully recieved - if you'd like to help email barkinthepark@live.co.uk

More info here... http://www.petforums.co.uk/general-chat/155598-bark-park-diary.html

#1 Beagle Mafia, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2011
  2. Gratch

Gratch PetForums VIP

Those are awful stories. I really can't understand how people can be so heartless and cruel :( There should definitely be harsher penalties for animal abuse but I don't think lashes are allowed now, only a comfy cell with a PS3 and free dinner.

3. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

PETA are already campaigning for this.

Their stance is to show that animal abusers go on the become abusers of humans. Their posters were taken down immediately. I would suggest joining their cause :)

PETA report animal abuse campaign

What we as animal lovers need to do is encourage more people to report animal cruelty and stand up in court as witnesses instead of turning a blind eye.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice