Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Peter!!

Discussion in 'Spiders and Inverts' started by shezzy, Feb 23, 2012.

1. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

Peter, the Mexican Red Knee taranchula, not very big yet :)
    Hand fed him (okay tong fed him lol) a wax worm today for the first time. Actually growing quite fond of him (OH bugged me for a year to get one :p )

Munching on his worm
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Better photos of his colour, doesn't do him justice TBH
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DebiTarantula

DebiTarantula PetForums Newbie

aww hes lovely hun...i do love the brachypelmas!! ive got 5 brachys in my collection at the mo and all are so cute!

3. swatton42

swatton42 PetForums Senior

I would love a Mexican Red Knee, I would call it Sanchez! Sadly that won't be happening for a very long time, or at least untill I have my own place.

4. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

They are very pretty, that I will admit. I'm actually quite looking forward to him growing up and his colour getting brighter :D

Was OH that came up with Peter (as in Peter Parker, spider man :rolleyes: ) Ah waiting aint to bad, makes you apprciate things more when you finnaly get them lol :p

5. Nagini

Nagini Guest

very pretty! even though i don`t do spiders:eek::)

6. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

thanks lol I didn't do spiders before either hahaha! I still wont hold him, closest I'll get is when I'm poping some gel water in with the plasic spoon lol! I even use the tongs to lift his water dish haha not an easy task I can tell ya that :p Not looking forward to when he needs cleaned out :eek: think I'll just get OH to do that part lol

He's getting better though :) he used to always flick his hairs at me when I first got him, now he only does it if I accidently spook him, so thats good :D

7. blanidhey

blanidhey PetForums Newbie

I would love a Mexican Red Knee, I would call it Sanchez! Sadly that won't be happening for a very long time, or at least untill I have my own place.[​IMG]

8. cavmad

cavmad PetForums VIP

He is lovely i love the red knees and have two tiny slings have just moulted and ifyou look carefully you can just see little light blobs on there knees. Love the Brachypelmas they are usually colourful and easy to look after

9. PeterUK

PeterUK PetForums Newbie

Sorry to say it but water gel for a tarantula is about as much good as a chocolate teapot :eek:
    A tarantulas mouth is just not designed to chew gel like an insect. Tarantulas are basically filter feeders and cannot masticate the gel to get the moisture that it needs.
    A simple jar lid filled with water would do the job 1000% better.

There is no need at all to clean a tarantulas tank out, they are extremely clean and the only weekly/monthly maintenance that is needed is the removal of the food bolas (the small ball shaped remains of its prey) I have spiders that havent been cleaned out in several years becaus ethere is no need.

10. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

Cheers for the advice :)

11. marleyboo

marleyboo PetForums Senior

spiders terrify me ! but i will say hes very handsome and i do love his name :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice