Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pet Transport Insurance

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kelticknight, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Kelticknight

Kelticknight PetForums Newbie

Hi All

Can any pet Taxi/courier business owners advise me on insurance companies that cover UK and Europe on the same policy. I seem to have hit a brick wall and possibly have to take out two different policies, would this be normal.

Also I had one insurance company explain that if I have business vehicle insurance I shouldn't need to take out pet transport insurance. Would this be correct.

Thanks in advance

2. Ask the pet transport companies directly. Surely they will answer your questions. Some of them allow you to travel with them but at your own costs (eg you have to book and pay for your own hotel room, pay for your own food etc). I enquired myself a few years back.

If you are travelling to another European country including Northern Ireland from the UK you will need to get an Animal Health Certificate before you travel from the UK to that country as pet passports are not valid anymore from the UK and vets in the UK are no longer issuing them to travel to another European country including Northern Ireland. Check defras website out for more information:- https://www.gov.uk/bring-pet-to-great-britain/pet-passport Animal Health Certificates are valid for 4 months after it was issued.

3. Kelticknight

Apologies and thanks for reply. Im looking for Pet Transport Insurance for my own company. The problem being is trying to get an Insurance company that will cover my business transporting throughout UK and Europe on the one policy. Not a policy for each area. The pet passport and AHC is not a problem.

4. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

@Kelticknight I don't want to derail your thread but have you found any solution for carrying pet food from GB into the EU?

5. Kelticknight

Unfortunately not

JoanneF likes this.
  6. Kelticknight

thanks, yeah tried them won't cover for Ireland or Europe.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice