UK Pet Forums Forum banner

Pet sitter in Nottingham - Labrador

641 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  ClaraFormentera 
#1 ·
Hello,

My name is Clara, I am from Spain and I am going to study in Nottingham this year (first year). My parents are working from 8:00 am to 9:00pm every day, because of this, my dog (Nela) is going to be alone every day in Spain.

We are trying to find a cheap place, next to the university where both of us are comfortable, but we don't know anything about Nottingham and is very difficult find a good place where the dogs are allowed.

For all these reasons I would like to find someone who would love to take care of my dog for a year (starting on september, I have to find a place, in the meantime I will live in a student accomodation). Yes, I know that is a lot of time, but I will be there always, I will help you with everything, I will visit her as many times as I can, I will pay everything (obviously). I love my dog and I want her to be happy and not alone everyday.

Nela:

- Yellow labrador, 6 years
- Completely educated: she doesn't bark to anyone, is not agresive, is very patient with kids, is very calm (she doesn't jump to people and most of the time is sleepping at home), knows how to go with a leash, doesn't jump to the beds or sofas, doesn't have any problems with dogs...
- She doesn't have any medical problem but she needs to be walked three times a day
- We live in a flat, so she is very used to be in a small places (we don't have garden)
- She really likes to be outdoor and walk with you
- She is really happy just being next to you
- She needs a lot of love

Please, I need to find someone, if you have any doubt just text me, thank you very much :) - Clara Sardà.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Would you/your parents not find it easier to find someone closer to home to take care of her? are dog boarding/day care facilities not common place in Spain? because that will be quite a lot of upheaval for the dog, moving to a new country, then trying to adapt to a new person/family, with the possible confusion of you coming in and out added to the mix. Then what would happen after your first year? usually you'd move out of student halls and into more student accommodation, and these generally speaking to not accept pets either.

My honest opinion would be to exhaust all options back in Spain before attempting to bring her here. You'll be busy with your studies/student life, and I think it will be difficult to find someone willing to take a dog in for that amount of time on a non-permanent basis.

#3 ·
Hello labradrk,

I am sure that the next summer I will have a place for both of us in Nottingham, I am going to be studying in Nottingham 3 years. I hadn't thought about that option, probably is better for my dog, although I would like to know if there is any possibility. Thanks for your advice!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.