Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pet Shops

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by kiara, Aug 6, 2009.

1. kiara

kiara PetForums VIP

Hi all,

A family member of mine is looking into buying a shop and opening a pet shop. i said i would help her with the research into it.
    I was wondering what you all look for in a pet shop as pet owners and customers?

Any other advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    xx

2. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

I always head straight to the toys. I like to see loads of different ones and ones that are not too high priced for what they actually are.

Also doggy treats catch my eye

3. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

You know what i would love to see in more pet shops?
    Small animal toys. Theres never like a wide variety of small animal toys. Like i found this on ebay and i think its great but ive never seen anything like it in pet shops:

MOUSE HAMSTER PLAYGROUND, HOUSE ROPE AND SWING FOR CAGE on eBay (end time 29-Jul-09 10:34:52 BST)

A good variety of all animal toys really, nice food bowls and a variety of collars and leads (things i hate about the shop i work in we have a crap variety of collars and leads)

4. messyhearts

messyhearts PetForums VIP

I only look at food in pet stores. If they don't have a high calibre of food, I tend to leave.

5. Cat_Crazy

Cat_Crazy PetForums VIP

One major point that I look at is the animals if any that are for sale in the shop.

If I ever saw a puppy or kitten for sale I would walk out there and then and never return.

Same if any small animals appeared to be poorly cared for or distressed.

Other than that I agree with an previous poster regarding food.
    It can be hard to purchase high quality food locally so that is definately a must.

Also larger toys would be great.
    Cat scratchers and activity centres.

I tend to order everything online as my local pet shop does have a wide range but it was so much better if it did and you could see things properly before buying and pick them up when you want.

Good luck and I hope it all goes well!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice