UK Pet Forums Forum banner

Pet shops hiring?

816 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  EmberBirb 
#1 ·
Does anyone know any pet shops in Essex that are hiring? I’m 18 with a lot of animal experience and would love to work in a small pet shop in order to work closer to the animals and monitor their health for better quality of pets.

#4 ·
Most pet shops prefer retail experience over animal experience as that is the primary driver for them, you also have to be able to deal with tricky members of the public asking daft questions. Kennels, catteries or rescues would be better for you if you want to work solely with animals.

#5 ·
Thank you for your input really helps out. Without giving the name away I actually currently work on an open farm/kids entertainment place so I do deal with customers but where I work primarily with small/pet animals unsure if it counts as retail too. Am going to get a retail job soon as I only work a few days a week right now, I guess it will help to have more money to travel further for an animal job. Again thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.