Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

pet rescue!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by vickie1985, Jun 1, 2010.

1. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

ive just had to cut Luna from a vertical blind, she got her back leg tangled in the stringy bead things that hold them together, and she ended up hanging upside down in a panic to free herself which she had no chance of doing!!

verticals arnt that cheap either lol trust her! ive had to move their scratching post so they can stay in the hall while im not home later!

got me wondering what stories you all have in pet rescue??

2. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

:lol: :lol: :lol: oh dear!

i haven't had anything like that :( i had to rescue george of a wall once he jumped up but seemed to be t scared to get back down :D thats my AMAZING pet rescue :lol:

3. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

pets can be so silly at times! i had no idea how she managed to get stuck, but if i wasnt in it would be a lot worse!! she could have been hanging there for 6 and half hours today as im leaving for work at 12, and OH isnt home untill 6:30, and im sure that would kill her :( which made me cry when i just told the OH what happened. He said to shut the blinds....like thats gonna work? they can still get to the back of them!

4. SCRB

SCRB PetForums Newbie

Ohh where to start....Could telle stories about animal (dog) rescue all day. Have worked as animal rescue officer for years...:(

5. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

oh god, i bet you have seen some nasty sights :(
    i was thinking more about personal home rescue with your own pets.

Welcome to the Forum too!! :D

6. smudgiesmummy

smudgiesmummy PetForums VIP

we had to get a butter bean from the back of smudges throat when he was younger he nearly chocked on it

7. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

If only they could see danger the way we do hey! lol

8. smudgiesmummy

too right .... i was scared sh*tless to be honest ... it was one he found on the floor that had dropped of the cooker

9. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

yeah i cried after i rescued Luna, coz you always imagine the worst, and what if you wasnt in etc etc....

10. smudgiesmummy

we nearlly lost him once before when he had eaten something and he was at the vets for a week on a drip

11. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

:( bloody animals! i remember when Jazz got poorly from something she had eaten and had to stay over night with a drip too.... :(

i might have another rescue in a sec, Cosmo is on the window sill trying to eat the blind!

Ive got to make the house child proof soon for adoption, i think i need to cat proof it first!

12. danielled

danielled Guest

A kitten got stuck in a hole once and I pulled her out of it. She was panicking the poor kitty. She was ok though luckily. Her owner was so worried and thanked me for getting her out of the hole don't know how she got stuck in it though.

13. smudgiesmummy

when i used to work in pet shop... one of the cats decided to play in a carrier bag at the top of the stairs... she got herself wrapped in it and went flying down thestairs... thankfully she was fine

14. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

awww bless her.

15. Tink82

Tink82 PetForums VIP

My downstairs loo is a storage area, piled high with things.. I had to rescue Rosie rabbit yesterday, I was cleaning and left the door open, not quite sure how she ended up right at the back of it all!

16. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Oh no, that is bad, there was something on our new about a toddler who got hanged and sadly passed away from getting these things stuck round her neck, they should put up single strings or plastic holder to open and close them, its not like they cant do it. Hope you little one is ok now, must of frightened you badly that. xxx

17. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

i swear they find places that dont even exist to the human eye! lol

18. Tink82

Tink82 PetForums VIP

she does.. under the radiator cover was a good one, we would spend ages looking for her lol... she also eats platic bags if she can get them.... nightmare

19. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

poor little girl!! she frightened the living poop out of me to be honest! but shes fine now.
    it wasnt the open and close but that she got caught on, it was the string/bead thing at the bottom which connects pannel together. i said to OH when we moved in that they will have to come down but he didnt believe me.
    ive had a closer look at the 2 ive had to cut, and they do come off for each pannel, but not easily..... :( i think some safety tests should be carried out to make they snap with ease if something gets caught, and cheap replacement safety beading.

20. Tink82

Tink82 PetForums VIP

that happened to two children locally, a few months ago, seperate incidents as well

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice