Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pet plan cover pet behaviourists!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Kat1703, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Kat1703

Kat1703 PetForums Senior

So I contacted a cat behaviourist (a well known one) who said she was covered by most large pet insurers, I then contacted Petplan who said: "Behavioural treatment will be considered under your Veterinary Fees, providing it is carried out by a recognised association, and APBC is one of these in our terms and conditions."

I still have to pay the excess of course, but will still be a big saving!

Hopefully she can see something I'm not and we can sort this weeing problem out :)

2. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Good luck.I went with the help of a behaviourist with Meeko and I found it a great help.They do,as you say see things with totally fresh eyes.

3. SnazzyJazzy

SnazzyJazzy PetForums VIP

good luck :)

4. Oscars mam

Oscars mam PetForums VIP

That's fantastic xx

5. sarahecp

sarahecp Crazy Cat Lady of Bucks

That's great news :)

Good luck and hope the behaviourist helps :)

6. Longton Flyball

Longton Flyball PetForums Senior

Definitely let us know how you get on...desperate to know.

Husband's happy to fund a behaviourist as long as they sort the problem...that's not helpful.

Snoopy is currently residing in the kitchen but I don't want that for her perminently could you try that?

I think I will wait til next week as back at work tomorrow for 6 shifts, need to get british gas in and got an electrician coming I think a behaviourist may tip Snoopy over the edge to crying :)

7. Kat1703

Kat1703 PetForums Senior

I considered the idea of keeping her in one room - but as she uses the tray most of the time I suspect it would happen again eventually once she's let out! Am going to get a consultation from Vicky Halls - pricey but insurance will cover it. Just need to get vet referral (she only does vet referrals) and pre-authorisation from Petplan that they'll pay and then I'll set a date with her :)

There must be hope for us!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice