Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Pet Insurance

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Mattjones12291, May 15, 2019.

1. Mattjones12291

Mattjones12291 PetForums Newbie

Hi all

First of all id like to thank you for the advice a little while back when i was looking for information regarding hip scores.

However, we found our perfect boy and are bringing him home on saturday.

On Friday we will be Insuring him, having briefly read through some threads and petplan appears to be rated highly, however it is quite pricey.

Is petplan worth the money or would be be better looking for a cheaper, better value alternative.

Thanks in advance

2. CheddarS

CheddarS PetForums VIP

Petplan are brilliant but expensive. We have actually got more back than paid but have an accident prone boy. Never had an issue and paid up quickly. The increases are cost of living rather than claims until they get older. Imo you get what you pay for. Unlike a lot of insurance if you change you may find you dog is not covered for any issues your dog has had...claimed or not (as they will get vets reports).

3. DaisyBluebell

DaisyBluebell Earth, the insane asylum of the Universe

Petplan 100%. You are bringing home a precious little being, would you skimp if bringing home a human baby? No of course you wouldn't & that's what you pup is, a baby. The best insurance you can for them & it's a nice thing to have to complain about every year that you never need to use it!
    Check with your vet as most vets will bill Petplan direct rather than you have to pay out then claim back the money if you ever need to use it. Hopefully you never will but why take the chance.
    Pictures will be required when the new little one comes home !

4. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

I agree about PetPlan, but you need to choose the 4life type plan...they offer several ones so I am sure someone will come along and explain what is a lifetime plan. Plus minimum is for about £7000 I would say for most dogs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice