Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pet insurance

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Chels22, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Chels22

Chels22 PetForums Newbie

Hey! Sorry if this has been done, just about to go out so cant check!

Who would you say does the best pet insurance? I want to insure my puppy and cat. Im looking at Argos and have a quote (online) of £12.36p/m for my puppy and £7.71p/m for my cat on platinum level. Has anyone had any dealings with argos?
    Thanks!

2. Viki

Viki PetForums Senior

Hi Chels22,

We've recently started a new comparison site for pet insurance, I think it may help you in choosing the best policies for your new puppy and cat - Compare Dog Insurance & Compare Cat Insurance

Look out for the multi-pet discount if you're looking to insure them both with the same company. The other point to note is the Defaqto Rating, this is an independent research company that rates the policies on a star system.

Hope that helps!
    Viki

3. kath123

kath123 Guest

i am insured with Petplan for my Sasha and pay £9 a month. I havent had any dealings with argos sorry xxx

4. Frenchie

Frenchie Banned

I dont know much about Argos service when it comes to claims.

However, I noticed that you chose to get a quote for the Platinum Level. Please note that this doesnt offer true lifetime cover, it's a per condition policy and although there is no time limit for your claims on a condition, once you have spent your vet fees allowance, the condition will be excluded from the policy.

That said, good luck!

5. Check outg greenbee! John lewis's own! they only offer one level!
    lol
    DT

6. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

I've insured our new puppy with Tesco for £9.99 a month. There was a 20% discount for doing it online. My older Bichon is also insured with them for £11.96 a month.

7. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

I gather that's life cover? I'm in the process of getting Pippa's now

Ellie x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice