Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pet insurance

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by umber, Oct 1, 2013.

1. umber

umber PetForums VIP

I have a query to do with pet insurance.

As some of you know my Coonie kitten Zouzou comes home in less thab 2 weeks now eeeeek!

I have decided to go with Petplan insurance life long cover for her.
    My question is although she comes with 4 weeks insurance I am sure I Read somewhere once that finishes it takes a few weeks for my own on to start. So I was thinking of starting it from now? Is that possible can I start her cover even though she hasnt come home yet?

2. munchkinpie

munchkinpie PetForums VIP

Phone them I got a good deal for continuing my 4weeks free from the breeder.

3. umber

umber PetForums VIP

Thank you MP I will do just that x

4. moggie14

moggie14 PetForums VIP

Me too :) When your kitten arrives with his paperwork just call Petplan, that's what I did and also added an extra cat onto the policy. From memory there were no gaps in cover. They were very helpful :)
    Em

5. AlbertRoss

AlbertRoss PetForums VIP

Or... you could insure with Pet Plan online two weeks before your 'free' 4 weeks expires. Then you get a 10% discount on your payments for the year (on line discount) plus, effectively, 2 weeks total cover free from the breeder e.g. a total of 54 weeks cover for the price of 47.

Plus, I suggest you click on the link in my sig below and read the "Buyer's Guide" :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice