Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pet insurance

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Excited1, May 4, 2011.

1. Excited1

Excited1 PetForums Newbie

Hi,

Does anyone know of a pet insurance company that lets you taylor make a policy. I've been looking around and most policies include things like boarding, travel, lost pet etc. All I want is a policy that covers illness with at least £8000 cover. I'm sure including all the rest just bumps up the policy price. Thanks to anyone that replies.

Kate

2. Can't really think of one off the top of my head! but may be worth giveing the NFU a bell.

3. AlbertRoss

AlbertRoss PetForums VIP

I suggest you need to cover injury too. The company you probably need is VetsMediCover. They do a £10,000 cover which covers illness and injury and it's a single price. There's a link at the bottom of this page. You should be aware that they pretty much insist on paying the vet directly though - and that means your vet must agree to be paid by them.

4. Excited1

5. Excited1

Think I'm having a blonde moment but please could you advise what NFU is please.

Thanks
    Kate

6. Nico0laGouldsmith

Nico0laGouldsmith PetForums VIP

it'd probably be a good idea to ring round the companies and speak to them directly to see if you can work anything out that is specific :)

7. AlbertRoss

AlbertRoss PetForums VIP

It's unlikely. Hardly anyone will start a policy for a dog aged 8 or over. If they do the excess payable on a claim will be high.

8. PatrickCampbell

PatrickCampbell PetForums Junior

You can direct consult with leading and reputed insurance companies. You will definitely find some of the best places to shop for insurance.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice