Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

pet insurance

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by lisab345, May 13, 2010.

1. lisab345

lisab345 PetForums Junior

Hi,
    I dont have pet insurance for my two cats yet, just wondering if someone can explain if i should get a lifetime policy? i notice that a lot of insurers only put like a limit eg more than yesterday told me its £7000 per condition and then after that you wouldnt get insured for that condition anymore.

Thanks
    Lisa

2. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

There web site says - Up to £7,000 vets fees cover for each and every new accident and illness. What’s more, your pet is covered for as long as they need the treatment, as long as they remain insured with MORE THAN – many policies limit cover to just the first 12 months of treatment

Which is the same as most other companys :) sorting out insurance is :crazy:

3. Agadoo

Agadoo PetForums Junior

Here is the difference between lifetime and per condition.

Per condition: the one you refer to, will cover each seperate condition up to £7,000 as long as you stay with the same insurer. Once that £7,000 is up, the condition is excluded from the policy and you cant claim anymore.

Lifetime: you get a yearly limit, regardless of the number of condition you may claim for. Even if you reach your limit in year 1, at renewal your limit is fully replenished and you can carry on claiming year after year, again as long as you stay with the same company.

Lifetime pet insurance is the only type of cover that provides true ongoing cover for lifelong conditions.

Hope this helps.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice