Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pet Insurance - which one?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by truetrue, Aug 1, 2009.

1. truetrue

truetrue PetForums Newbie

Hi all

Can anyone please recommend one for dogs? There seem to be so many to choose from. At the minute Animal Friendly seem to be coming up with some of the best quotes - but would love to hear about another one or possibly even promlematic ones so I know to stay away!

2. Stellabella

Stellabella PetForums Senior

I use Helpucover (formerly Pinnacle) and they are great.

They insured my 8 yr old cat after his accident, only excluding hip problems, then I had a new kitten with gastric trouble before I insured her, they excluded tummy problems until she was two then I got a letter from the vet to say she was ok and they lifted the exclusion!

My 1st dog had an undescended testicle and they paid out for that, and cruciate ligament surgery, and they were really quick paying out. They offer lifetime cover, which is the best, and the excess is around £70-80, which is nothing compared to the cost of his ops! :eek:

I've always found them very helpful on the phone and their online form is easy to use.

Hope you find something that suits!

3. truetrue

truetrue PetForums Newbie

Excellent thanks - haven't heard of them but I will def take a look!;)

4. davehyde

davehyde Banned

we have animal friends and they seem fine. we have the gold cover and the lifetime option.
    also their profits go towards animals.

5. Frenchie

Frenchie Banned

A good thing about them too is that ''premium waiver" benefit, so if you're out of the job for 6 months, they will waive your premium so your pet can stay insured.

Also, they offer a 10% online discount.

6. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

Animal friends lifetime and petplan lifetime. Whichever you choose make sure you opt for lifetime!!

7. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

I have never heard of them! Would they cover Channel Islands? I will have a look on their site! Thanks!

8. james1

james1 PetForums VIP

We are currently claiming with Argos, they are fantastic - they just send a claims form and you hand it the vet. Their cover; £7000+ with £60 waver is good and its a very low annual fee £30pm on an 11yr old on a non-life policy. I know someone who insures his 4 springers for £60pm!
    You should get a life policy though without doubt ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice