Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pet Insurance? Pomeranian with Luxating Patellas

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by aetole, May 1, 2020.

1. aetole

aetole PetForums Newbie

Hi there! Toffee is two years old and unfortunately I wasn't able to purchase pet insurance earlier but have since been looking at it. She has been to the vet before because she suffers from luxating patellas, and I'm aware that this won't be covered from insurance. My question are would any insurances cover further issues like arthritis that develop from it or not? What company do you recommend? And at this point, is it worth taking out insurance if they're likely to attribute further issues to her condition? Thank you so much ♥️

2. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

In my experience, pet insurance won't cover anything associated with prior conditions - so they wouldn't cover arthritis caused by LPs.

My dog has a heart murmur which was diagnosed shortly before we moved abroad, so it was a pre-existing condition for insurance in the new country. Now everything to do with her heart is excluded - related to the murmur or not. However, I still have insurance to cover any other issues that arise - and so far it's worked in my favour. That's a personal decision though, many people would decide the opposite.

lullabydream likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice