Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pet hating family..

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by catz4m8z, Apr 21, 2011.

1. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

..do you ever wonder how you manage to share any genes with your family at all, or if you are in fact adopted??:confused:
    Cant believe how anti pets my lot are.:( On finding out I had bought a Corn snake they were pretty much grossed out. 'why did you want a snake', 'I dont know why you have so many pets', 'your brother isnt like this is he??', "wonder why you arent more like him??'.
    ARRGGHHH!!
    I like all animals and spent a vast amount of time as a kid hunting lizards and slow worms and catching sticklebacks and insects, you think that would of been a clue!:rolleyes:Ok, so I didnt have any pets....but I wasnt allowed any.
    I love my pets and enjoy looking after them and frankly dont understand someone who wants to live a sterile life with no pets in it.:nonod:

At least I get the last laugh... I pointed out that no, Im not like my brother. I have a decent job, my own house and am not still living with my parents at the age of 40, thank you very much!!!LOL:D

2. metame

metame PetForums VIP

its weird cause me and my sisters all have pets and my brother doesnt :p
    but we grew up with animals around us, but my parents dont understand why i want more/its so important to get my hammies back

3. DaisytheTT

DaisytheTT PetForums Senior

Luckily my family are all pet lovers, although my sil doesn't understand the concept of having pets :blink:

I don't know how I have the same genes as my father mind, but then that's a whole different thread...

4. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

My family have had to like pets as Ive been bringing waifs and strays home since I was ickle :D

OHs family are really weird about animals but Tony loves them and they love him thankfully, he is all for me having my pets (within reason) and hopefully fostering :thumbup:
    His family are always telling me how dirty animals are etc, but they are those kinda people who are never ever wrong so I tend to avoid them as i can never keep my mouth shut :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice