Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pet Forums Arcade Now Working!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by petforum, Nov 16, 2007.

1. petforum

petforum Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi,

Just to let people know that I have now launched the 'Arcade' section which is accessible from the 'Arcade' link in the top navigation bar after 'calendar'.

Theres currently 8 games there, but i'm going to install lots more very soon. All registered members can play the games and it saves the scores in the high score tables automatically after each game so everyone can compete with each other.

If you have any problems using any of these games or get an error message please send me a message and i'll look in to it.

Oh, one last thing, you need to have made at least 10 posts in the forum before you can play!!!

Thanks
    Mark
    Pet forums Administrator

2. dh.dti

dh.dti Guest

Thanks Mark!

Is this the first minimum post section??
    :)

I've had a look round but not had a go on owt yet

Looks great!

3. petforum

petforum Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes, but im working on it for other sections and new implementations!:D

4. dh.dti

dh.dti Guest

Ok thanks Mark!

in your opinion what would you say would be the ideal minimum age to join the forum
    btw ?

5. petforum

petforum Administrator
    Staff Member

I've never really thought about this before in much depth. I was thinking about the kind of conversations people have in the general chat section and Stacey said maybe we should make the General Chat section private until you register as young children might be reading it.

In my opinion, I would say a minium age of around 16 would be ideal, but I dont think there is a way to stop younger children from registering.

What are your thoughts on this???

Cheers
    Mark

6. petforum

petforum Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Killy,

I have added Pac Man especially for you, and also Mahjong Connect. Lost more games will be added soon.:D

Mark

7. dh.dti

dh.dti Guest

My two eldest daughters are 14 & 10 & are sat next me so i need to be careful here, or i might get a dig int ribs lol...
    :rolleyes:

They are both keen to take part, its a tricky one...

My personal view is either a naughty corner for adult ish chat or a junior zone.

a lot of kids are into pets & i have very strong veiws on which sites my kids use etc...

i could waffle & get on my soap box for a long time, for you to understand me properly we would have to have a real conversation:eek::eek:

:rolleyes: I have lots of strong views:eek:
    but am not mad honest lol...

8. Esined

Esined PetForums VIP

oh sounds good, i will call you some time!!!!!!!
    going to look at the games now:D

9. petforum

petforum Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi,

My 8 year old niece always wants to join in on Pet forums, and im ok with that as long as either myself or my sister are with her when she is on the website. I havent got a problem with younger people using the site as long as they are supervised. I was thinking it might attract more children now with the arcade section I have created.

I think Pet Forums is a good place for children to visit, I was just worried about some of the conversations that go on in the General chat, but I dont think children would understand half of the stuff that people say in there.

I'm all for a junior section, but then I wouldnt want to be held responsible if any weirdos that where viewing the junior section...its a tough one really!!

In the end...I wouldnt let my children use any website ( especially chat website) without my supervision.

Mark

10. dh.dti

dh.dti Guest

Totally agree..
    Our pc is the living room & they only use it when T-jay or i are around.
    & they don't have Internet access at their mams.

As for conversations in general chat well, they watch the C4 programme "shameless" :eek:lol...
    say no more...

11. petforum

petforum Administrator
    Staff Member

Well, That says it all !!! You cant get much worse than shameless! lol!!:D

12. carol

carol PetForums VIP

why not have a child forum on here where the younger children can only go on that bit

13. "Private" idea would be brilliant! as we all seems to enjoy good old joke.

14. Fade to Grey

Fade to Grey PetForums VIP

unfortunatly what ever you set the minimum age at children if they really wanted to would get around it, just lie about their age. I know I did to get a myspace when I was 14, you had to be 16 so I lied about my age.

Maybe making the general chat private would encourage more people to join as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice