Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pet feeding for a teenager

Discussion in 'Animal Jobs & Working with Animals' started by Aaron2020, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Aaron2020

Aaron2020 PetForums Newbie

Hello!
    I'm 13 and I am interested in doing pet feeding to raise funds to buy a caique parrot (I adore birds). I would go in and feed and check on people's pets while they were on holiday. I am aiming to become a vet in the future and feel that this is a job that would help me get the experience I require. I would advertise my services around my town using flyers through doors. I'm very responsible and I have a lot of experience with animals (I have looked after/have experience with chickens, ducks, a tortoise, budgies, guinea pigs, rabbits, cats, dogs, gerbils, parrots, snakes, tarantulas, insects, pigeons, lizards, geese, scorpions, frogs, and fish [marine, tropical and freshwater]). I also have spoken to my school about this (they say it would be ok). I was wondering what people's thoughts on this were? I'm aware people aren't comfortable with teenagers doing dog walking but I guess this is different. How much do you think I should charge? Do you think it's ok? Also, I've checked the laws and rules and you wouldn't have to worry about insurance. I would say no to any dangerous pets (such as aggressive animals or those that are extremely poisonus) or those that require care beyond my abilities and I would be willing to clean cages, change toys, etc. if necessary.
    What do you think?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice