Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pet Blood Bank

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by mellowmason, Feb 19, 2011.

1. mellowmason

mellowmason PetForums Newbie

Hello all!
    I would like to introduce myself as I am new to the forum. My name is Michele and I work for pet blood bank.
    I found the forum by google, and have been reading some of the posts about the blood bank. If anyone would like information on how to get involved or anything else please feel free to email me, or go to petbloodbankuk.org, or go to our facebook page entitled petbloodbankuk.
    We go all around the country, so I'm sure there will be a session near you somewhere.
    I'm looking forward to being a member of this forum and hope to make and meet some new friends!

2. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

Thank you for highlighting this, will take a look at the site Michelle :)

3. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

Welcome, i'm still waiting for one in Plymouth. I have talked to my vets before and thy said they'd defiantly consider it but oddly enough never done anything about it :rolleyes: (not the best vets imo anyway)

4. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

I wanted my dog to donate but he doesn't have boosters up to date right now due to other issues and I don't think he would let my vet anywhere near him now. Other dog is heavy enough I think but a slight fidgeter..!

Welcome to the forum anyway :)

5. mellowmason

mellowmason PetForums Newbie

Thanks everyone for welcoming me to the forum!
    Many people are surprised by how much their dogs enjoy giving blood, and we will always give everyone who comes along a try. If no-one came along, there would be no blood bank.
    Dogs that seem to be wrigglers can sometimes turn out to be some of the best! They just love the fuss.
    :yesnod:

6. Doolally

Doolally PetForums Senior

Welcome :) I run a blood donor programme at the vet hospital I work at. Like the pet blood bank we only use dogs who are happy to donate, and they all come in wagging their tails they just love the fuss and the big bowl of food they get after!
    I'd like to ask you a question about equipment actually mellowmason if you don't mind :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice