Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Peridale

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by SIP, Dec 2, 2019.

1. SIP

SIP PetForums Newbie

My boy has IBD and relies on Peridale to help keep his poo solid. Does anyone know when or where they might be available? The company just say manufacturing difficulties. Is there any effective alternative - either supplier or product?

2. Etienne

Etienne Dad to Puss and Shadow

Have you enquired about Hills Z/D cat food.
    Our dog had IBD and this was recommended to us and on the whole works well. Its not cheap for a dog it is £2 a tin and she has two tins a day.
    I would expect Z/D works in the same way for cats. Any how it won`t do any harm checking it out. Good luck with your boy.

3. SIP

SIP PetForums Newbie

He is on raw food and is beginning to respond so I do not wish to go back to commercial products - he has tried Hill's I/D and hates it.

4. bluecordelia

bluecordelia Footy

Can you up the raw?
    My cat had terrible stomach issues and if I am honest I think she was stressed and unhappy.

I went raw all out in desperation. She also was allowed out. No issues now

Maurey likes this.
  5. Etienne

Etienne Dad to Puss and Shadow

Fine but I said z/d and not i/d which is designed for pets with IBD

6. SIP

SIP PetForums Newbie

He will not eat Hill's at all, he dislikes the pate style in any food. The raw is helping but he must have it in small amounts so as not to overload his gut. The regime appears to be helping, but relies on Peridale.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice