Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pepsi - Please help us :'o(

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Tink82, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Tink82

Tink82 PetForums VIP

As you may know from the othernthread, Pepsi has myxi. It is a week today.

Today, his eyes have started weping and he is not eating as much. His poos are very small and OH found some long ones this morning, his face is swollen and he is very bunged up.

We have been out for a few hours and come back and his eyes are virtually shut now.

He has the vets tomorrow at 9.20, we are completly torn on what to do :crying: he does not appear to be improving. Do we let him fight more or should we end it for him now before he suffers more? It's breakng my heart trying to force medicines down him and seeing him in the bloody awful state

2. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

Poor pepsi...
    I'm sorry i cant advise you on what to do...

I hope everything goes ok for you...
    *Fingers crossed* *hugs*

3. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Poor little guy, he seemed to be doing so well.

You could set yourself a deadline. Say if he isnt improving by such and such a day, then you will do whats best for him.

Its easy for us to say what we think is best, but we dont have a emotive connection with him, nor can we see him.

Whatever you decision, you have done what you can for him, and given him a fighting chance.

4. Tink82

Tink82 PetForums VIP

Thank you.. we just need an honest, outside opinion, we don't know what to do or how long to give him. We are devistated, he was doing so well :crying:

5. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

See what your vet says tomorrow.

6. Tink82

Tink82 PetForums VIP

We said Monday/Tuesday but just got home to find his eyes closed up so now I'm not sure at all :crying:

7. toddy

toddy PetForums Senior

I am really sorry to hear about your bun.
    Sadly the outcome for non vaccinated rabbits who develop Myxi is usually very poor.
    I really did hope when reading your thread that Pepsi might get through it.
    To be honest you have to go on how you think he is and whether you think he has had enough of the fight.
    Despite the awful symptoms if you feel he has more fight in him and you can keep him eating enought to keep the gut moving then keep on but if you look at him and the fight has gone then you need to do what is best for him.
    I am truly sorry you are in this position and I really do feel for you.xx

8. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

As you have your appointment tomorrow, you know if you have to have him PTS, he wont be suffering all over the weekend.

Its so easy for us to say have him put down, and i do fear that is going to be the outcome, but it has to be your choice.

9. Tink82

Tink82 PetForums VIP

That's the hard part. I feel guilty keeping him alive but at the same time guilty about having him pts

10. umber

umber PetForums VIP

Im so sorry Tink I cant offer any words of wisdom but I really do feel for you! I really thought like many others Pepsi was pulling through... lets see what the vets say 2mrw and hopefully he has a good night!

Remember how much you have fought for him and tried to get him through this!

x

11. Tink82

Tink82 PetForums VIP

We also thought he was doing well but today has been just awful. I can't see him pulling through. My daughter has gone to my parents until Wednesday, she said her good-bye's today which was horrible. It makes me feel physically sick, hardly eaten for days :crying:

12. borderer

borderer Guest

its a horrible man made desease ask devil dogs she has treated them with mixi some do survive:mad:

13. VampiricLust

VampiricLust PetForums Senior

To be honest, if i had an unvaccinated bun with mxyi, i would have to let them go :(

14. borderer

borderer Guest

so would i but people are different:D

15. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

Oh no poor Pepsi :( My thoughts are with you :sad:

16. Ty-bo

Ty-bo PetForums Senior

I am genuinely so sorry to hear Pepsi's turn for the worse-I hope he gets better and shall be keeping everything crossed. x

17. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

id see what the vets say tomorrow, im sure they will advice you on the best thing to do.

I usully believe that if the animal hasnt given up then you shouldnt either. i always give my animals a chance to fight if they want it and let them go when they have had enough. You know him better then anyone else and im sure he'll let you know what he wants in his own way.

Good luck

18. Kammie

Kammie PetForums VIP

I'm with Cassie. All the buns I've lost I've given the chance to fight till I could see in their eyes they can't fight anymore and I know then its time.

19. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

Let us know how you get on today hun xx

20. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Arrgggh, by internet went down last night.

Tink, i hope things go ok at the vets.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice