Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

People who hate their dogs!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by catz4m8z, Nov 13, 2012.

1. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

I see them about everywhere...they cant stand their dogs and only want bad, bad things to happen to them.:(
    Often they take their dogs to the park and let them run up to and bother others almost like they are waiting for the other dog to become annoyed and attack them! Sometimes on the street they walk next to busy roads and rather then keep their dog safe on a lead they just let them wander along next to fast cars, waiting for an accident to happen...
    Saw one today who wasnt content with waiting for his dog to have a terrible accident and appeared to be trying to force it into danger! Stood outside a shop on a very busy road with a small terrier. He had actually unclipped the lead he had leaving the dog loose so he could wind it up and get it to bite the handle end of the lead!:eek:

Honestly why do they have dogs if they just want them to be dead or injured??:mad2:

2. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

I think some people don't neccesarily hate their dogs but are just quite honestly stupid when it comes to their dog safety. Either that or they think 'it'll never happen to me'. I live on a main road and the amount of dogs just roaming never ceases to surprise me. My husbands fed up of me coming home with random dogs.

I can't understand people, i don't think i want to either. I wouldn't allow a child to run next to the road a good few yards from me so why let a dog? There's the same dangers.

3. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Mmmm

It's like those that take their dogs out to do their business and then when the poor little mite tries to either cock a leg or squat, they drag it along :rolleyes: :mad:

4. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

I know I was being facetious!!LOL:eek:
    The world seems to be full of people who just dont think and exsist in their own personal bubble and frankly they really **** me off!:mad: Saw one today in town...a guy with a huge crossbreed (looked like a mastiff x GSD). No lead and the dog just ambling along after him. Did he consider how someone might feel seeing that if they were scared of dogs?? NM, that its illegal (as well as dangerous), its totally inconsiderate to the feelings of others.

5. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

sorry lol

can't disagree with that.

I saw a bloke in town the other day he went into the shop left his staffie outside, it sat and waited patiently. I stood near it as it was on a main road where all the buses go into town he came out left the dog (who did have a lead attached) just walk down the street with him with the lead trailing along the floor :S that just baffled me. Was clearly a well behaved (and gorgeous) dog, but i have a friend who has a phobia of dogs, if one comes over to her she just freaks out, the only dog he's okay with is my staffie George, was kinda glad i'd recieved a text of her that morning saying he couldn't come along to town that day.

6. tiatortilla

tiatortilla PetForums VIP

i've just moved to a new town (not saying where but it's known for being quite hippy-y!) and oh my god, i can't cope with the amount of people walking their dogs off lead through town.. saw a puppy running about right next to the road yesterday with the owners right there, only half paying attention, it's so stressful.
    i think a lot of it is wanting to show off that your dog can walk off lead but it's not worth it!!

7. MeganRose

MeganRose PetForums Senior

The other day I saw a staffy puppy, must have only been a few weeks old, OFF LEAD, crossing a busy roundabout with a young lad... Couldn't believe it! :confused:

8. 2Hounds

2Hounds PetForums VIP

There are some stupid dog owners about or those that believe it will never happen to them. Felt sick last night when i saw a man crossing the road between the stationary cars (at the lights) which we were in, his staffy was offlead and so ran further foward than the man into the lane with moving traffic and was lucky to not be hit :eek:. Just seemed such a stupid & unnecessary thing to do (the crossing was only a short distance away) and as the man went on his way the dog was wandering into peoples front yards :rolleyes:

#8 2Hounds, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  9. Barcode

Barcode PetForums Senior

Possibly a presumption that their dog is wonderfully well behaved and would never dream of sprinting across the road?

Recently, OH and I were driving home which involves going along a busy dual carriageway, only to pass a cyclist in the middle of the road with his Staffie running attached to the bike. This was not some country lane. It was a busy road. He stopped in the cycle box by the lights and they sprinted off again - poor dog looked like it was about to collapse keeping up. And really, how do you stop something like that? Just awful.

Most all of our walking here is off lead, but I wouldn't dream of not leashing Scrabble for the 2 minute walk to the fields. I've seen it a few times and have visions of their dog going "splat" - possibly over confidence due to our semi rural location, I dunno.

10. Retri

Retri PetForums Senior

I only do this if they are trying to squat on someones garden :001_unsure:

11. Wiz201

Wiz201 PetForums VIP

I saw a chap when doing my sunday morning walk walking his minature schnauzer along a busy main road (cars are doing about 45 as they are just slowing down from a dual carriageway section) and he wanders along the pavement dog yards out in front of him like he's Mr Cool and there's me with my two goldies on leads.
    I saw another chap across the back lane from my house who had a dog escape and he was trying to get it back - poor thing was yelping in fright and he was shouting at it with threats. I was concerned, but being on my own at the time and had no back up, I didn't want to say anything, but felt so sorry for the dog.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice