Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

People returning their cats!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by rachael, Jun 22, 2009.

1. rachael

rachael PetForums Senior

UGH! Today at the shelter I work at a lady came in with her kitty in a carrier and said she wanted to return her cat because she was "about to go to church yesterday when the cat jumped up on the counter and knocked down the bowl of cereal" that was for her daughter.. "there was milk everywhere.." She was crying!

This made me so angry! People like this shouldn't have pets or kids! It's a rubbish reason to give up an innocent pet.

2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

OMG How ridiculous, the cat will be better off in a home where its allowed to be a cat,its just a shame it had to endure living with that silly cow. Hope it finds its new forever home soon.

3. Gobaith

Gobaith PetForums VIP

Ridiculous! Maybe its a good job the woman gave the cat back, seeing as she couldnt look fter it properly!

Chloe x

4. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

thats a weid reason to give up a cat mess is all part of the fun of owning a cat/kitten

5. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

My god, that's ridiculous!

Sky broke a precious ornament that my brother gave me before he died and yes I was angry but I would never dream of returning her to the breeder we got her from!!

6. ChinaBlue

ChinaBlue PetForums VIP

Was a homecheck done previously - when we homecheck our prospective owners we always say that if you are precious about your furniture or ornaments then don't take a cat!!

I hope the cat finds a loving home soon.

7. Vic81

Vic81 PetForums Member

I was asked the same before rehoming Timmy, I don't have any breakables that I would be too concerned about and I know how mischevious they can be, after having a horse that had a habit of drowing my mobile phones in his water buckets and previously having dogs and cats. I would be more worried about them hurting themselves if they broke anything rather than my property.

I wonder if she would have got rid of the child if she had dropped the bowl of cereal and scared the cat?? :mad:

8. kath123

kath123 Guest

That is pathetic!!! It is a cat for gods sake. Let it be a cat. :mad:

9. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

unbeliveable:eek:hmy: when we were looking around for a cat and went to a rescue one was in there for being too independent!! couldnt believe that one either!!, did the person not realise this before getting it in the first place. Hope the cat you have finds a new home soon, and this lady is not allowed any animals.

10. Malaguti

Malaguti PetForums Senior

That's exactly what I was just thinking!!! Unbelievable, some people :mad:

It's just as well that cat was returned to the Shelter before it suffered too much living with eejits like that. Imagine that woman's dismay (and tears??) the first time the cat made mucky pawprints on her floors, brought in a mouse etc.

Hope that lovely cat finds a forever home soon where it'll be allowed to be a cat!!

11. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I dread to think what she thought of it shedding its fur :rolleyes:

12. Malaguti

Ha ha ha - shouldn't laugh but yes, quite!!! No matter how much I hoover and mop the laminate and lino there's always hairs around. No word of a lie, I found some in the freezer when I defrosted it the other day :D

Wouldn't have it any other way though!!!

Just remembered cat vomit as well, imagine the crisis that would have caused with that woman :eek:

13. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

My mum has 9 cats, my god living with them was a challenge! Talk about assault course! :D

I wish I could have my two cats with me, but it wouldn't be fair to take them away from the others :(

14. Malaguti

Yes I remember some of the pics you posted of them - I'd still like to be a lodger at your mum's :D

It's a shame you can't have you're two cats with you but at least you have your beautiful dogs :001_wub:

15. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Go for it, just remember not to sit down without checking what's below you and don't expect a moments peace while you're eating pmsl!!!

I love my dogs, but sometimes it's not the same :( Cats are and always will be my first love :eek:

16. Malaguti

He he he - sounds perfect conditions for me. Does your mum live in beautiful wales as well? That'd be the icing on the cake - think the whole of Wales is just glorious :)

17. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

:mad: Silly Woman, my two make a mess everyday and break things but i would never dream of giving them up. Poor cat i hope he finds a loving home soon xxx

18. tinamary

tinamary PetForums VIP

19. Shmitty!

Shmitty! PetForums Senior

It is ridiculous but we shouldn't complain as at least she took it to a safe place and didn't just dump or abandon it somewhere, or just never let it in again like the bloke up the road from me, coz he's cat pooed indoors once, it hasn't been let in since!

my cats drive me mad, and Shmitty STINKS so badly, but I love them!!

20. Malaguti

That's a v. good point! Sorry, but have to ask - what does Shmitty 'stink' of then? :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice