Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

People like this shouldn't be allowed to own a dog!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by MrRustyRead, Jan 31, 2012.

1. MrRustyRead

MrRustyRead PetForums VIP

Some women is trying to sell her staffy x lab puppy on a pets for sale Facebook page. She then states that it has no papers? Well durr it's a cross!

Then another is trying to sell her "pedigree" yorkie puppy, then says dad is kc reg and mum isn't.

I may be stupid, but how can u tell if it's defo ped without seeing kc reg papers from mum and dad and pup?

2. Bella Beagle Mum

Bella Beagle Mum PetForums Senior

We have a pedigree Beagle who is not KC Reg. (She has a 5 Gen Pedigree Cert and have met mum and Dad and seen ALL paperwork on them - they are KC Reg)
    It just didn't seem important to KC reg her to us, as we got her as a family dog, not to show her or breed from her!

I have to add that we would NOT be selling her at any time either and especially not on FB!! (We have a contract that if ever we couldn't look after her anymore she goes back to them!) I agree FB is not the place to sell or more importantly BUY a dog from!

#2 Bella Beagle Mum, Jan 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  3. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

I saw a gorgeous staff x rottie for sale on one of those pages, for £40 :(

And also an owl that wasn't in a good state, but luckily someone pointed out it didn't look well and I think it ended up at a sanctuary :/

4. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

Some people are such thicko's, makes you mad eh? :mad:

5. Manoy Moneelil

Manoy Moneelil PetForums VIP

It is worth considering that times change and the internet has passed the tipping point where it is intermeshed with many people's day to day lives. If you are reading these words then it is true for you. Ten years ago did you have a home computer? Twenty years ago?

Facebook has become for many the way that they interact on-line with other people so although personally it is not for me I see very little "wrong" with using it as a means to communicate and advertise things for sale.

You would think of little wrong with a postcard advertising a dog for sale on a notice board on the wall of a vets where dog-interested people would see it, why not on-line in a forum where some dog-interested people would see it or on a site where many more people might see it, some of whom will know directly or have a connection through mutual friends.

This, in some ways seems better to me, is less anonymous than a lone postcard where there is no cross-referencing or possibility to respond with feed back.

On Facebook you can comment about the sale - but would you do so on a postcard on a vet's wall ?

Times have changed - accept it !

6. MrRustyRead

Yes but the way they advertise it is like they just want rid, not like it is an animal at all. Yes sell it online but at least give it justice in your ad.

7. MrRustyRead

Sorry I'm not a dog expert so I was asking as I didn't know and was interested to learn.

8. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

Fb is just another wall..but I agree..at least you may leave your comments!!!
    Considersing..that say before computers the manyy for many to get rid of unwanted anuimal was to....
    well at least they have a chance?
    My stepgirl is checking the web for a kitten at the mo..She wants to see the mother though...(and I adiviced her strongly that she should..atleast to know the mum and how the kitties were kept...)

9. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

I think them doing it via fb allows people to be more impulsive. I've seen the same dog sold on one several times by different people.
    People are selling all sorts of peds crosses, adults and puppies for low prices, offering to deliver them to whoevers the same day for a fiver petrol.

Quite sad really.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice