Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

People have no love for animals in ireland!!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by daniellecool2003, Apr 24, 2011.

1. daniellecool2003

daniellecool2003 PetForums Junior

I really cant believe what ireland is like when it comes to animals. I mean ive seen crualty dont get me wrong. But to be blatently harmful to an animal is just evil.

I just came back from my parents. They were giving us our easter eggs. :p While i was there my mums newest black moggie came in for its food. My mum was just about to chase him when she saw something on his shoulder. On closer inspection we noticed blood there. And as we looked closer we realised there was a metal pellet in the cats shoulder. My mums poor cat had been shot with a pellet gun. :mad: My dad was up in arms straight away and the gardai were called.

We had to leave before the gardai came. But it has been over an hour and my parents havent rang to say whether the gardai have come or not. :(

Is anyone on here from ireland and had a similer experience and did they ring the gardai? what did the gardai do?

2. honeysmummy

honeysmummy PetForums VIP

There are evil scum everywhere who think it is acceptable to treat animals like that...makes me sick....really hope your mums cat is ok.

Really cant advise about how seriously the authorities over there will take this complaint....hopefully they will catch the B******S who did this.:mad:

Kelly

3. daniellecool2003

Yes he should be thank god. It hit his shoulder and the bone so it didnt go deep. We were able to simple pull it out. We washed it and put on some savlon. My mum will be keeping an eye on the wound for a couple of days. Make sure it heals up. Should do though it seemed to be starting to close before i left.

#3 daniellecool2003, Apr 24, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
  4. honeysmummy

Need to keep a close eye on it...especially with risk of infection...also keep an eye on his eating drinking and general wellbeing...he could be shocked and quite traumatised by the incident...hopefully not

good luck x

5. daniellecool2003

On that note till we actually saw it he was being his normal self. Even after we had taken out the pellet and cleaned it. Mum put food down and he ate all round him as normal. Unless the shock sets in later. Which i doubt. He seems no worse for wear for the incedent. Thanks for the advice though.

6. honeysmummy

Good to hear he's eating...bless him...big hugs from me for him :)

7. Ally-Kats

Ally-Kats PetForums VIP

So glad your parents cat is ok but how awful, I do hope they catch the horrible person who did this :)

8. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

A number of yrs ago we rescued a cat, she was poorly so took her to the vets, he x-rayed her, she had 3 gun pellets in her, the vet decided to leave them and see how she got on, he said it looked like they had been there awhile, she was 4 when we got her , she passed away aged 16yrs, sadly its common in alot of places for people to think its fun to shoot animals with pellets.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice