Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

People feeling sorry for themselves!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DoubleTrouble, May 3, 2011.

1. NOT!! neccisarily forum members!
    But don't they just p*s you off!
    Folk that moan because of the situation they are in, it could be that they are hard up, Unhappy in their marriage, not happy in their job - anything! BUT they always blame someone else for their problems! Life is what you make it! you are lucky to be alive!! make the more of it because one thing is certain this aint a rehersal - you only get one shot at life! BE HAPPY!

2. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

very true,

but nothing makes you feel abit happier than a good moan and whinge.... then you can carry on as if nothing is wrong.

3. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

Yes dt :lol: drives me nuts.

Hope you're okay lovely, thanks for the sun still :D xxxx

4. Devil-Dogz

Devil-Dogz PetForums VIP

I have no problem with people having the odd moan or what ever, and as a friend I would be more than willing to sit and listen.
    - but what annoyes me is them that have put them selves into a situation, or have the option to change it moaning instead of doing something about it.

5. Ditsy42

Ditsy42 PetForums VIP

I call them types of folks dementors (Harry Potter) :D where they can truly suck the good and life right outta u, my mother can b a bit like this, I can go see her in a real good mood, and come out seething and like WTF just happened there :) I like 2 try and stay upbeat, even in a situation, if ya can't fix it then accept it:D

6. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

Yes, some revel in self pity, their hardship, their bad past, bad present .... bad future :rolleyes:

I guess the are happy being miserable, it's become a way of life to them ... professional moaners:(

7. You are welcome my little fiend!:D:D

I hgave plenty more to send your way at the weekend!
    T'is going to be HOT HOT HOT!:D
    love
    DT
    xxx

8. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

not all of them do..
    i for instance hate a particular aspect of my life.. i have been trying for over a year to fix it... i can do nothing until SOMEONE ELSE does something...it is not a situation of my own making but rather something that was caused by others and perpetuated by someone else entirely, i am trying to get out of it but so far no luck.

but i'll now assume you're talking about people who REALLY do just don't do themselves any favours? in which case, yeah i agree lol.

9. EXACTLY!:eek::eek:

10. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

I know what you mean!

i'm avoiding one friend at the moment. EVERYTIME we talk he's always miserable and is very 'woe is me' he's had a bad time i can sympathise but I've helped him so much he won't help himself.

11. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

when i do that (as above post might lead you to believe i do alot) my husband just gives me a good old slap.

try it with your friend.. it might work.. certainly shuts me up

12. Savahl

Savahl Guest

I dont mind people having a bit of a moan, everyone does, it gripes me when its ALL the time, and its NEVER their fault - its always someone else, or something else, or the stat of the country :p

Sometimes you need to take life by the horns and act! good things don't fall into your lap you have to work for it!!!

13. kirk68

kirk68 PetForums VIP

I do my best not to moan about my situation, moaning doesn't fix anything, only action can do that. But I must admit, a good moan every once in a while certainly does make me feel a bit better. :D

14. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

why is it that good things don't when bad things do?

15. Savahl

Savahl Guest

Murphys Law.

Or we notice/pay heed to the good things less :)

If something bad happens, we tell 10 people. If something nice happens, we tell 1 or 2 if that..(unless its AMAZING!...but it doesnt have to be amazingly bad to tell everyone lol)

16. Think I have probably confused the issue - I am referring to someone who blame someone else for EVERYTHING bad that happens to them! As I said!! NOT a forum member! but everything thats wrong in their life is someone esles fault!

17. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

So very true and I agree, but in PF... it is nice when someone puts something up and you think OMG!!! I am not the only one like this or have had this happen or going through this that or the other, if we can put it in here and others see the same as I sometimes do, then we can help each other through it, or advice OP how we got through it ourselves, or how we are coping with what ever it is that is a problem :D .
    But yes we should look at our lives and then think to ourselves " am alive, I have my family around me aswell as my friends...not alot of people have even got that :( It does make you think :D

18. Sampuppy

Sampuppy PetForums VIP

He he - you lot should meet my mother - she would tip you over the edge after 5 minutes. Last time I saw her I was commenting about how I had found out that Macular Degeneration was on both sides of my family (long story as to why she didn't already know that) and laughing and saying 'oh dear - not much hope for me then lol' and she replied by saying 'well you're 50 this year' to which I replied 'yeah - I know that durrr' and she then said 'well I was 50 when I got breast cancer!!' :eek: Such a lovely reminder to me don't you think???

19. Sacremist

Sacremist Mum to 2 cats and a dog

I don't mind people having a good old whinge about something, quite often I join in and enjoy whinging along with them. I just can't stand it when people are unhappy with their life and then blame or are nasty with other people because they are jealous. They see what other people have or do and let their envy turn to bitter jealousy rather than accepting that no-one else forced them to make the decisions or choices they made in life. If they had made different or better choices, they too might now be enjoying a lifestyle more to their choosing. I am referring to my older brother by the way and not to anyone on this forum. :)

20. Sampuppy

Sampuppy PetForums VIP

Oh - and look out 'Harvey's' the furniture store!!! She just bought reclining sofa's from them and she's not convinced the're the one's she sat on in the showroom coz the dog is having a problem jumping up on them!!! Brother has had the pleasure of going to break the news to them today!!! Good luck Bro!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice