Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

People are still setting off fireworks in our neighbourhood

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by kahvi, Dec 17, 2020.

1. kahvi

kahvi PetForums Junior

I'm so annoyed! Ever since bonfire night someone in our area (I'm fairly sure it's the same household because it's always coming from the same direction) has been setting off fireworks every now and then. They're not right next door or anything (thank god) but they're fairly close by so we can hear it pretty well.

Tonight has been especially bad - it started around 9pm and went on for a good 20-30 minutes. Are people allowed to set fireworks off whenever they want? They'll do it any night of the week (like tonight, on a Thursday) and they do it pretty late too. We live in the suburbs of a city in a residential area and I just don't think it's right for people to be this loud and disruptive, especially on week nights and this late in the evening.

Nuka has been sort of ok with them on the whole but today was a stressful day for her and she's just not happy about the fireworks right now.

Is this something I can complain to the council about? Or is there anything else I can do?

2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Sadly, I don’t think there’s much you can do about it tbh.

Possibly if it were late into the night repeatedly?

kahvi likes this.
  3. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Depends how big their garden is too, if its really small then it might be illegal as they wouldnt have enough space. But you would need to find out who they are first, then its unlikely you will get anyone to catch them in the act.

kahvi and LinznMilly like this.
  4. Emlar

Emlar PetForums Member

I suppose you might be able to complain about noise pollution? But I think fireworks are legal as so long as they're before 11pm.

kahvi likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice