Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pees when she sees Me

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by stellasmama, Jul 24, 2009.

1. stellasmama

stellasmama PetForums Member

We've had Stella for almost 2 months....wonderful dog...smart...good girl. She is totally housebroken...except.....

When I come home from work...I enter the house...I am all calm...I put down the purse/keys...walk around a little....I kind of ignore her for a few minutes. As soon as I reach down to pat her...she squats and pees.

She could have JUST been out to pee 5 min ago and she still pees. She doesn't have a uti...she's otherwise fully housebroken. She doesn't do it for my husband or guests.....

What am I doing wrong????

2. rona

rona Guest

I'm guessing that she is still young, she may just be over excited to see you, a lot of puppies do this and usually grow out of it in time

3. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

Kaydee is 5 and she still does this.

We tend to ignore her for about 10 mins. Then when we are settled will say hello and have a cuddle on the sofa and she is fine

4. stellasmama

stellasmama PetForums Member

Big Success in the house tonight!!!!! I came in...set down my things....walked by her. (tough to do...so cute!). She went into her crate on her own and laid down. After a a few min in the crate I took her outside.

We came back in.....I kept ignoring until she was good and calm (a good 20 min) and then gave her a treat after she had laid quietly at my feet for a few minutes.

NO PEEEEEEEE! NOOOOOOOOOOO PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

5. rona

rona Guest

Well done, hopefully it's only time and she will be fine

6. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

They usually grow out of it. I had one that was nervous of men but was determined to go up to them, she sometimes left a trail of pee all the way through the house as she crept on her belly up to the visitor from the furthest point that she had run to when they came in. Others do it in excitement when they see you. Once the bladder sphincter matures and strengthens it will stop.

7. goodvic2

goodvic2 PetForums VIP

Sammy, my ridgeback x does this. He is nearly 2, but when I return, he is so excited that he pee's on me! Now I let him out in the garden first and wait till he has calmed down. x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice