Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pees in house

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by anagouveia, Dec 18, 2007.

1. anagouveia

anagouveia PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone,

I've got a 3 years old Yorkie, he's so lovely, but on night time he does pees in house. I do get up on night time to take him to de garden but every night is the same.

How can I sove a problem like this, any idea?:confused:

Thanks

Ana

2. Jenny Olley

Jenny Olley PetForums VIP

Firstly get him checked at the vets, make sure its not a medical problem, such as an infection. Has he always done it ? weeing can be a sign of stress, do you have other dogs ?

3. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

Above info sounds like gd advice.
    Also please ( im not saying you do ) don't shout at him if he pee's on the floor, it does'nt make matters any better, in fact it makes them alot worse if you moan at them because they have did a pee or poop on the floor.
    If you catch him in the act, just get his collar and lead him of to the garden and shut the door behind you, watch him untill he does a pee outside then open the door and praise him lots.
    Do the same if you find pee on the floor ( say like in the morning ) ignor the mess, let him out. watch, praise ect.
    My mum did that with an old staffy i bought her years ago from the dogs home, it used to pee and poop everywhere, she used to show the dog what she done and moan *WHAT HAVE YOU DONE* and then she put her out.
    That approach did not help, she continued to do her bizzness every morning ect.
    When she tryed the ingnoring the mess approach and putting outside like i decribed above, withing a couple of weeks or so she stopped doing her mess and was a totally clean dog, its hard to believe but its true, the ignor the mess approach really has worked for me with alot of my pups/dogs.

Obviously there aredifferent approaches in your situation ( if your dogs prob aint medical ), you will pick what you feel suits you and your dog.
    Good luck and hope all goes well. :D

4. Wim

Wim PetForums Junior

Hello loe,

If the vet (or any advice) can`t solve the problem, please feel free to ask (free) homeopathic advice/treatment.

5. PatioDogDoors

PatioDogDoors PetForums Member

it is better to consult a vet.

6. anagouveia

anagouveia PetForums Newbie

Thanks everyone for the advise.
    Have a nice Christmas

7. colacooler

colacooler PetForums Junior

Loe what about a stern NO?

Give it a few weeks before you rub his nose in it. ;)lol

And I will tell you now having had this very experience with yorkie's especially happy pee as well as forgetting to go outside to pee, discipline is very important.

Have to be strong.

8. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

My dogs are all house broken and have been since they was a pup lol, it isnt me with the problem of a peeing dog :D

I was just simply telling anagouveia a tactic i usd to get my pups clean and at one point an older dog i got my mum from a dogs home who was 10 years old and wasnt clean :D, and that shouting at them don't help ( which i did highlight im not saying he/she does, which i myself found not shouting at them worked better then actually shouting at them.

I have also done the stern NO at my pups at one point aswell which also worked so ur right there colacooler.

I wrote the first post for anag saying to maybe try this tactic if there is nothing medical wrong with the dog :)
    so again, it isnt my dogs with the peeing prob :D.

9. PatioDogDoors

PatioDogDoors PetForums Member

hahaha really funny. Merry Christmas to all

10. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

Anda merry christmas to you to lol :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice