Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Peeing on the bed and other nasties

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Yorkiemorkiemum, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Yorkiemorkiemum

Yorkiemorkiemum PetForums Senior

I am again asking for help with my Morkie. He had settle with everyone's help so we had him neuter at 7 months nearly. After he recovered from the operation he became very anxious, barks at slightest noise, nipping, jumping on and nipping our older dog and finally the odd pee on our bed!!!
    He is cage trained, house trained and had more toys than my children had we asked our vet but she just says he is naughty and shouldn't be allowed upstairs. He has always been clean upstairs and slept on our bed with our yorkie, it wouldn't be fair to leave him on his own downstairs now.
    The only thing I can think of that might have started this off was that a black cat had sneaked up stairs whilst I had taken the dogs for their late walk and had say on our bed. I washed the bedding and duvet but as soon as I put it back on he peed on it so I through the duvet away. He had peed once just a week before that happened on my sons bed. He didn't do this before he was neutered but our vet just thinks it is bad behaviour is there anyone with any ideas?

2. ouesi

ouesi Guest

How is he getting up on the bed?

If I had a dog peeing on my bed said dog would not be getting on the bed.
    Can he not sleep in your bedroom just not on the bed?

3. Yorkiemorkiemum

He sleeps next to our other yorkie on the bed. He has done since we got him it has never been a problem before.

4. GermanShepardOwner

GermanShepardOwner PetForums Senior

You need to break the cycle or it may continue. Neutering can sometimes change personalities but i would doubt its this.

I would not allow him upstairs, then this will not happen, or keep doors shut to the bedroom as it needs to be stopped, then you can try again in a few weeks.

5. blitzens mum

blitzens mum PetForums Senior

we had thiis problem with my daughters dog when she met a new b/f, winston had never peed on the bed before but started doing it when her b/f was there, the vet said it could be a sign of winston trying to rule the roost so to speak, so when he did it her b/f was the one to say no and take him off the bed and it worked, he could be doing it because of your other dog maybe

6. Yorkiemorkiemum

Update on my Morkie. All doors closed, we realised that he doesn't like being in our bedroom alone, even when our other dog is there. So he is not allowed in the bedroom when we are not there even for a minute.
    I was just concerned about it only happening post castration even though its the best one Ive ever seen.
    We also realised that he gets very anxious quickly and we have been expecting a little too much from him too quickly. So I am going back to puppy training as I read something about adolescent dogs sometimes needing to be retrained.
    One funny thing I caught him doing, but didnt let him know I thought it was funny lol, was turning the dial on the washing machine with his teeth so that the lights came on !!!!! His ball toy has a similar dial to regulate the number of chews to dispense. Yes he opens that too when he gets tired if pushing it with his nose.
    Thanks everyone. Be warned this dog is so clever he will probable be putting stuff on here about me!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice