Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pee on bed

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Lisa Hynes, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Lisa Hynes

Lisa Hynes PetForums Newbie

I could really use some advice here! Luna is 5 months old and has been doing really well with the house training, the last accident was a week ago until this evening when she jumped onto the downstairs spare room bed and did the biggest pee you’ve ever seen. I’d only brought her outside to pee 20 minutes before and I saw her pee and rewarded her as normal. I’m so confused as to why she would do this. I was so pleased with her progress i’d started letting her go upstairs (supervised) and started letting her have more freedom around the house. Maybe too much too soon? Why would she pee on the bed of all places? I’m afraid I reacted badly and was very cross with her. I shouted and she was scared of me (I’ve never shouted at her before for accidents or anything else) Where should we go from here? Carry on as if it didn’t happen? It should I restrict her access to parts of the house again?

2. Ian246

Ian246 PetForums Senior

Personally, I’d keep the bedroom door closed. Even when she’s properly toilet trained she may well have the occasional accident - stomach upsets, that sort of thing. You can create an environment within which it’s harder for Luna to make mistakes - or, at least, to minimise the damage that’s done if/when she does.

Beyond that, forgive yourself for being cross with her (there’s no going back), but remonstrate with yourself to try and ensure you don’t do it again; she certainly didn’t do it to upset you - she just didn’t know any better. And then carry on as if it didn’t happen. It takes time.

3. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

Did you use puppy pads at all?
    A bed is like one huge, inviting puppy pad.

JoanneF likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice