Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pedigree dogs exposed takes top award

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sallyanne, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

Ugh something that was hugely overexaggerated relied so much on shock tactics and outright lies has won an award great.

2. louiseddb

louiseddb PetForums Junior

Well the idiots who watched and were taken in by it are the same idiots that voted....

3. Natik

Natik PetForums VIP

thats not very nice :D

4. Snoringbear

Snoringbear PetForums VIP

An award given by a charity that supported and partook in the documentary is pretty meaningless IMHO. It's hardly an Oscar or BAFTA is it?

1 person likes this.
  5. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

Very True ;)

6. raindog

raindog PetForums Senior

About as meaningful as anything else that the bunch of con-artists known as the RSPCA does.
    An award for a misleading (and occasionally lying) documentary awarded by a power-mad bunch of freaks masquerading as an animal charity - Big Deal!

1 person likes this.
  7. rona

rona Guest

The programme may have been full of untruths, but it has done more to further the breeding of sound dogs than the RSPCA or KC have managed to do for decades.
    It has also publicized the need for care when purchasing a puppy, surely, no matter how it was achieved, this has to be good for dogs as a whole?

8. Snoringbear

Snoringbear PetForums VIP

It may have acted as a catalyst for the KC, but I think it hasn't helped dogs as a whole. Just think about all the designer breeds and non-KC reg dogs being pumped outsubsequently with the claim not KC reg/not show dogs/not pedigree therefore healthy, by BYBs and PFs who don't health test or give a damn about their dogs. i remember reading last year how the poor health and abondment of designer breeds was at epidemic levels in Australia. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up like that here.

I can't remember a single instance in the programme that provided help in buying a healthy puppy. This was the show's biggest failing TBH. I don't think its helped the world of dogs, maybe KC reg if they get their act together, which will just push poor breeding practices and health issues onto the remainder.

9. Natik

Natik PetForums VIP

i agree....

it certainly helped to speed up some needed changes and im sure that it made alot of people wary about the health of dogs which i suppose is a good thing....

10. Natik

Natik PetForums VIP

i agree they should at the end of the programme at least advice about purchasing health tested puppies....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice