Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pedigree/Chappie recall

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Veba, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Veba

Veba PetForums Member

I've just been reading about the recall and I'm a bit worried. Reilly has been getting some (maybe a third of a tin a day) wet original chappie recently as he's been fussy with his kibble. It's not on the recall list but one of the symptoms is excessive drinking. Earlier this week he drank all his water overnight and usually it's barely touched.

Anyone else feed wet chappie and have issues?

I'll be phoning the vet tomorrow.

2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Tbh if he drank his water only once I wouldn’t be overly concerned especially if his food isn’t on the recall list.

However, a call to the vet won’t hurt to put your mind at rest.

Veba likes this.
  3. SingingWhippet

SingingWhippet PetForums VIP

The food that's being recalled seems to all be dry foods so I'd presume it's unlikely to be affecting the wet too as they'll be manufactured separately.

This official information suggests that if the food does have high levels of vitamin D it would still only cause problems if eaten for quite a long period of time.

As the wet isn't on the list of affected foods and it doesn't sound like your boy is consistently drinking loads more then it's likely absolutely nothing to be worried about.

Veba and Lurcherlad like this.
  4. mrs phas

mrs phas karma is a funny old thing

Sorry everyone, especially @Veba, ididnt realise there was already a post about this
    I have repeated the warning in dog chat and in general chat, for those who don't come into nutrition
    Mods if you wish to remove please do so
    Again my apologies

5. Veba

Veba PetForums Member

Thanks, I thought all the same things first then the paranoid side of me took over :D

@mrs phas no worries!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice