UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cross-posted:

Pedigree have launched The Pedigree Adoption Drive 2010 in response to the increasing pressure being put on rescue centres.

To help generate public support for the campaign and drive donations, Pedigree has created a hard-hitting online video. All you have to do is view it and for every view Pedigree will put £1 into the fund. Its as simple as that. The video is the first of a series telling Charlie´s story. Once 25000 people have seen the video the next one in the series will launch - like a mini-soap opera.

Please view the video here YouTube - wearefordogs's Channel

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Awww, poor Charlie. Watched it, and I will watch the next one when it comes on as well.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Just hope it does make a difference:thumbup:
Watched the video and i'll never know how someone can just dump a dog and walk away, how do they live with themselves??:confused:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Phoenix&Charlie'sMum, thank you for posting this. As I write this, we're within 800 views of unlocking the next episode of Charlie's story!

I mostly wanted to pop in and say thank you so much to everyone for your support for the campaign. As well as Charlie's online story, we're also helping to raise awareness of the issue by putting 'Ghost leads' around the country. We've got photos of some that are in London here Flickr: We're For Dogs' Photostream, but you'll also be able to find them in Birmingham, Bristol, Newcastle and Edinburgh. If you see one, it would be brilliant if you could send me a picture to [email protected] or upload it to our Facebook page at We're For Dogs | Facebook.

Thanks again for the support,

Janet

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Come on guys, need more peole to watch this!!!

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Watched! :thumbup:

·
Registered
259 Posts
We passed 50,000 views and have unlocked the 3rd episode of Charlie's story! That's more than £50,000 for ADCH dog homes in the UK. The support for our campaign has been brilliant so far, thank you everyone!

We're now on our way to our 75,000 view target to unlock the final episode. How will Charlie's story end? Subscribe now to make sure you don't miss it: YouTube - wearefordogs's Channel

With your support we can help more abandoned dogs find loving homes.

Thank you again,
Janet

·
Registered
14,973 Posts
Good news - we got 75,000 views! Episode 4 is up now, so you can see how Charlie's story ends.

YouTube - wearefordogs's Channel

Thanks to everyone who's watched the video - we've raised over £75,000 to help abandoned dogs so far. You've been absolutely brilliant. I'm hoping we can smash the final target of 100,000.

Janet
Congrats! well done :thumbup:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Thanks so much for your support everyone - it's been great to see so many people getting behind the campaign!

Thanks to your efforts and those of other dog-lovers around the UK, we reached our target for 100,000 views of Charlie's story. If you haven't seen the ending, the final episode of the film is here:
YouTube - Pedigree Adoption Drive. Charlie's Story.

Many, many dogs are successfully rehomed every week in the UK. So we went to visit some former rescue dogs who've now found their forever homes. Their feel-good Dogumentaries are posted here: YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

If you'd like to know more about the campaign, there's lots more information on the Adoption Drive website Pedigree Adoption Drive UK

Thank you!

Janet

Pedigree Community Manager

·
Registered
259 Posts
Since the adoption drive campaign, lots of ADCH rescue homes applied for grants. As well as lots of smaller awards, your support raised enough money was raised to help three rescue homes do some really amazing things.

We went along with Marc Abraham (This Morning's resident vet) to visit these three rescue homes to give them the good news.

You can watch what happened at the first home in this video: clip:YouTube - Pedigree Adoption Drive -- National Animal Welfare Trust

We'll be posting videos from two more homes in the next week.

Thanks again to everyone who supported the adoption drive and helped raise money for these centres.

Janet

Pedigree community manager

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
woooo i work at the NAWT!!!!!
Thank you to everyone who donated as we recieved £15000 to convert one of our derilect buildings into a training area.
Thank you pedigre!!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.