Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Paypal question

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by JANICE199, May 18, 2010.

1. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

If you have a paypal account and get an email from them do you also get one sent to your paypal account and ebay?:confused:

2. Sorcha

Sorcha PetForums Senior

No I never had an e-mail from Paypal sent to my Ebay account and my paypal account as well.

3. GillyR

GillyR PetForums VIP

Hi Jan

No i dont think you do - but be careful, there are a lot of scams out there.
    I get emails requesting i give my bank details, as someone has been trying to
    hack into my account. All bull, never give you bank details out via email, and also, if you get anything from them, send to the fraud dept, and ask them to confirm if it is genuine or not. xx

4. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

If it's scam emails you're worried about, the simple rule is never ever click on a link in any email and login. Just go to the link in your favourite instead and log in. Then you can see what's what safe in the knowledge it's the actual paypal site.

5. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Thankyou to those that have replied,i had my doubts about the email i got but i never reply via. hotmail.This is the Email i recieved and it turns out it has been reported as a scam.

Dear Valued PayPal® Customer,

Due to recent fraudulent transactions, we have issued the following security requirements.

It has come to our attention that 98% of all fraudulent transactions are caused by members using stolen credit cards to purchase or sell non existant items. Thus we require our members to add a Debit/Check card to their billing records as part of our continuing commitment to protect your account and to reduce the instance of fraud on our website. Your Debit/Check card will only be used to identify you. If you could please take 5-10 minutes out of your online experience and renew your records you will not run into any future problems with the PayPal® service. However, failure to confirm your records will result in your account suspension.

We are requesting this information to verify and protect your identity. Federal regulations require all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record identification from all persons opening new accounts or obtaining ongoing payment services. This is in order to prevent the use of the United Kingdom. banking system in terrorist and other illegal activity. For these reasons, PayPal® will utilize services provided by various credit reporting agencies to verify the information you submit to us.

Once you have updated your account records your pending PayPal® account transactions will not be interrupted and will continue as normal.

To update your billing records please proceed to our secure webform by clicking here.

Thank you for your time,
    PayPal® Billing Department.

I hope nobody falls for this scam.:(

6. Haley

Haley PetForums Member

WHAT! that sounds a bit dodgy to me but could be genuine. I agree never to give out details etc. All I can say is I am also an ebay customer and pay pal and I haven't received this message. :eek6:

7. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

Oh and I almost forgot, if it's genuinly from paypal they always address it to the account holders full name.

Glad you sussed it, and yeah, hopefully no one else will fall for it. But unfortunatly they do :(

8. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Janice I would look for the paypal phone number which I dont have at the moment, You can phone them and ask them if they are sending out email etc and explaine what have happened, this way you get the proper true reply from themselves.
    I have never had an email from paypal and then had one in my ebay box as they are separate.

here is a link for you to go to if you need it.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/helpscr?cmd=_help&t=escalateTab

9. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Ah Janice that could be genuine. The way to check is to log in to your paypal account and it will say on your account profile/details that your transactions have been suspended. A while ago they blocked all of mine because someone tried to hack it and I had to log into paypal, change my password, confirm my phone number and address and they would lift the restrictions. They had trouble doing it and I had to call them up in the end. If you have any doubts you could give them a call they are good when you get to speak to someone but a bit hopeless via email.

This was the problems I had:
    http://www.petforums.co.uk/general-chat/80289-stupid-paypal.html

Drove me nuts because it said I could get it all sorted by doing the bits on my account on their website but it didn't bloody work and I had to call them up. Still don't know if they thought it was me or someone else who hacked it but it did get sorted.

If you log onto your paypal and there is nothing to say about restrictions I would say its safe to assume it is SPAM :thumbup: It will be obvious when you log on if there are problems there. Ebay is unrelated to paypal also and so there wont be any contact between the two unless you've had dealings on Ebay and someone opens or you open a dispute but even then it wouldn't be the type of email you have had :)

ETA: they didn't address my email to my full name I don't think.

10. wooliewoo

wooliewoo PetForums VIP

Paypal emails do not contain links but will tell you to log into paypal where the actions flash up.................

(as said above:eek:....i was too slow typeing lol)

11. GillyR

GillyR PetForums VIP

Agreed !! report it to paypal Jan.....bloody thieving b@stards

12. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

No problem i know its a scam as its been reported.This is what comes up if you click on the link they send you.:D:thumbup:
    Reported Web Forgery!

13. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

Never wise to even click on the link. ;)
    If ever i receive an email from Paypal, i totally ignore it and log straight into my Paypal account via Ebay.

1 person likes this.
  14. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

I only clicked the link to see what happend, something i never usualy do.I checked via my ebay.:D:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice